Hit the pond again today - did well.

Started by Al, June 02, 2020, 19:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Did another solo trip to the nearby pond today. Tried to line up a partner but everyone is getting back to work.
Still having a hard time paddling, fishing and taking photos all at the same time. I really wished I had some help today because my picture taking suffered on some real nice fish.
You cannot view this attachment.

I went a long time without catching a fish - missed a few but couldn't seal the deal. Finally got the skunk behind me with this one.

Still pretty slow until I got to an area where the bank sloped down rather sharply - then caught 10-12 in almost as many casts.

Nothing real big up to this point but I was happy. I'm using braided line for the first time on my worm rod this year and really like it. No stretch which gives you a real good hook set when fishing a plastic worm. My worm of choice is a Zoom trick worm in Junebug color. It is a floating worm so does not get down in the weeds but comes back in an enticing manner about 6 inches under the surface.

Back near the dam I caught the biggest bass I have caught in a year or so. Probably 6-8 pounds. The pictures do not do it justice. (I need help - anyone in the local area want to go to a super farm pond - You have to be able to sit in a canoe without tipping me over :laugh: BTW this pond also has some nice bream which would be good on a flyrod)

All fish were released in keeping with the need to social distance.