Standard issue streamer

Started by Transylwader, February 08, 2015, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

This winter is shaping up to be one of my best personal campaigns on the streamer front. There isn't much out there that trumps a pissed off brown gunning a 6" long chunk of meat, attacking it, letting him turn and strip setting the shit out of it /'/

Goldie n I agreed we would leave R-Town at 5AM and be onsite to search Leroy by 10. The air was frigid. It was a tad windy, the guides iced up till 11AM. In the back of my head, I'm thinking "that fucking weatherman"
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

RaZ, this new jacket is tits, better than the old one. I likes it alot. Also a good color for winter fishaings
The air temps hovered around the low 30's all morning. We started down low and worked or way up. Following the suns path to warm up the dark as hell little canyon.
Fish were holding in all the right places.

Water temps were around 38. Sucks not being on a coalfield spring

I looked into this cauldron and could see a decent brown finning right on the bottom, Goldie put on his brick weight and dredged this fugger out.

One down, pune to go.

Fucker was rolling. 3 fish three casts.

Next up, I took aim. Saw this brown sitting under a rock, could see his pectoral fin, the sun dancing just right off it. Put Woolly's Evil Envy about 4feet upstream, let it drift about a foot from his nose and did one of them flick flack shimmys with the line, swooped the rod low and he shot out and smashed the fly. I retaliated by jerking (that's right) the line into my side like one of those NFL celebrating assholes does in the end zone. The immediate result was a buttery bastage launching his ass about two feet out of the water, over a tree stump. I gave chase, stumbling (sober, mind) over rocks and other debris to get upstream and turn him into a back eddy where I could nab his ass.

Little Leroy gissum -+;

Brah Sleazly always had a way with holding fish. I likes them scallop shell shaped pectorals.

Eleventeen dick inches

One for the road y;

Slow day. 10 fish. 9 hours of driving, 2 hours of fishing.

My boy Goldie wanted to go to the Fag Show in WS. I text the bossman, alas, all was lost (thank fuck) but an alternate was to show for a few minutes to see several of y'all pissy flaps drunk 'c; I have had a rather sober week since I got kicked out of my local for a barfight.

And as I descend off the mountain to return to normality, an aura of happiness surrounds me knowing there will be another day to tussle with these fishes that have led me around the world and shown me some cool people and places.
Jah Bless dis child

Transylwader

Quote from: troutfanatic on February 08, 2015, 11:59:29 AM
Ho'dee sheet.

you really are a trout pro. was that you signing books yesterday?

Nicely done. I am jealous and we should feesh. 'c;
Most people showing up at fuckshows are trout pro's. The industry's leak down the side of your leg. I'll sign your wife's left butt cheek. Yes, we shall fisheth. I am attending a dry wedding next Sat
Prayers are appreciated...

raz

hey mike, nice jakket.  glad you like it.  they arent selling well here.  maybe in a month or so.
nice brauhn traut as well.  any trip where you dont break a rod is a good trip.
howd the new purse hold up?  just saw them on steep and cheap for good price.

Transylwader

Quote from: raz on February 08, 2015, 13:07:49 PM
howd the new purse hold up? 
I don't like it. Dunno what fishpond is thinking. No beer holders, tippet attachments, much smaller than the Nimbus. The materials are the shit but really, just not very functional. I'll have to improvise. Carry 6 pk stringers from the d-rang.

Transylwader

I got a William Joseph pack coming my way from winning that Drakemag Big Year thang. You purchase me some bazzas and we's in bidnezz

benben reincarnated

Dougfish

rbphoto

Sweet! Love those fins.

Streamers are so much fun.

TF, I've been trying for 3 yrs to fish with Mike.  Never can make it happen.  I think we need to buy him a 1.5 of vodka and a case of PBR and take him to the coast.

I'm looking at Billy Joe's stuff too.  Like the whorvis pack, but want some versatility.  Beer holder is a must.  Fishpond has at least one sling with one, but not really the right size and the net holder looks like it sucks.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

rbphoto

deal, TF. 

But bring a bote. 

Beg, borrow or steal one.

High water sucks.  Upper end requires powered flotation devices.  I lost my Saturday last weekend to that bitch and never wet a line.

Upper end can't be waded at 1K cfs.  Not certain it can be much lower either.

Maybe at the zoo.

Maybe..
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Transylwader

Quote from: rbphoto on February 08, 2015, 19:18:48 PM
TF, I've been trying for 3 yrs to fish with Mike.  Never can make it happen.
Ray Bray, Ima make it happens mayne. Completely freed up March April & every month thereafter.
I am peeyissed I got to attend that wedding. Its that slappers third go and she's 29! WTF is wrong w some people. Eh, I'll be sipping on a flask of Talisker.by the time all is said and dine, the ole lady friend will be whisking me to the NLS (Nearest Liquor Store)

rbphoto

I have a 14' alumacraft v-hull with an 18 hp Evinrude and a trolling motor. Just need to get taxes paid on it and check it out good. And get my truck back from the transmission guy.

Pigs are on hold, for now.

And, I hate to say it like this but it's truth . . . I have to wait for my uncle to die. Lots of energy spent there right now. Maybe by March, but I can't hurry this.

Only God can.

The Dude

Quote from: troutfanatic on February 08, 2015, 19:45:55 PM
Raymond,
Mike lives up to expectations on and off the water. We fished and drank a few times last year.
He does not fear the troutfanatic; he may fear the trout pro.... That is untill we get him naturalized and armed.

I shall feesh that New Zealand river with you this spring.

You sound like such a douche.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

rbphoto

Quote from: Transylwader on February 08, 2015, 20:46:37 PM
Quote from: rbphoto on February 08, 2015, 19:18:48 PM
TF, I've been trying for 3 yrs to fish with Mike.  Never can make it happen.
Ray Bray, Ima make it happens mayne. Completely freed up March April & every month thereafter.
I am peeyissed I got to attend that wedding. Its that slappers third go and she's 29! WTF is wrong w some people. Eh, I'll be sipping on a flask of Talisker.by the time all is said and dine, the ole lady friend will be whisking me to the NLS (Nearest Liquor Store)

It's all good Mike.

Priorities are a good thing. 

Weddings, funerals, family, etc. need to take precedence. 

Liquor stores, well, not so much, maybe. 

The time will come, whether on a trout stream, chasing tail(ing reds), or gar.

Douche on . . .

The Dude

[/quote]

You sound like such a douche.
[/quote]

and you can fuck right off.
[/quote]

I'll do that, just like all of the rest of the good posters have done.  And you can go back to having conversations with yourself on this message board.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

Quote from: rbphoto on February 08, 2015, 21:19:48 PM
Douche on . . .
shit mayne, I believe you have coined a phrase quite fitting for this shit snadwich 'c;
Bravo old chap! I like it! Haha. Douche on. RaZ, instead of that ghey shit you yinzers say like "tight lines" or "set" Ima rock RBs statement. Gissum, breh d:b