News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Zeta?

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, October 29, 2020, 16:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Did any of you lose power in southern Virginia or NC, from Zeta?

Son just called.  He's headed to the area from our local electric co-op to help restore services in southern VA and parts of NC – may be gone 2 weeks. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

My son lost power down in Wentworth, ~15 miles S of Eden.
I'm sure your son is greeted as a hero when he shows up in a problem area.

Woolly Bugger

Out in Winston Salem - no estimate on power restoration - many greens down — most streets cleared by afternoon — perishables on ice

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Not here, but all around. It was nasty.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

greg

Yallar I guess all the streams in your neck of the woods are blown out?

Dougfish

Visited a customer in N. WS today. 164 panes of glass broken in his old glass greenhouses.
His prior high in a storm was 50. Ugly. Luckily, he did not have a crop in the 3 houses.
Poly houses were fine. Had insurance.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Beetle

Power out since Thursday morning.    Hoping to get it back today.     Who was asking about generators?????

Onslow

Cashiers had wind gusts up to 82 MPH.

Northern Iredell, Davie, and southern Yadkin did not fair as well as Surry. Still some  trees leaning on lines as of yesterday evening.

My boy was making his rounds at work, and when he came back to home base, my truck was in 18" of water due to Big Elkin Creek rising about 8' in an hour.

Elkin FD had property damage due to a small mud slide.  Elkin Parks and Rec maintenance shed was flooded.
My son is a VFM, and employee of Elkin P&R.  He's been busy playing in mud and silt for the last couple.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Beetle on October 31, 2020, 06:11:56 AMPower out since Thursday morning.    Hoping to get it back today.     Who was asking about generators?????

I feel asleep listening to the purr of the genrac across the street
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

We had plenty of rain (4-6"), localized flooding, and wind here, but no power outage (at my house anyway). The rivers and creeks are still pumping for sure -- they were pretty full to begin with.

jwgnc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 31, 2020, 07:40:51 AM
Quote from: Beetle on October 31, 2020, 06:11:56 AMPower out since Thursday morning.    Hoping to get it back today.    Who was asking about generators?????

I feel asleep listening to the purr of the genrac across the street
Local dealer is putting me on the wait list - for February.  We're looking into portables
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

driver

We were out for 8 hours. Power came on 30 minutes after I rolled the generator out.  b';