Brookies, Browns, and Bows, Oh My!

Started by Phil, September 06, 2018, 18:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Both Jesse and I managed the Grand Slam today on a surprising stream. Very small water for the size fish it held, all native brookies, wild browns, and bows. Each of us caught well over 20.  Jesse's camera got lost, so I took pics. It was fun having him hold some of my fish so's I could snap 'em, and I took some fish pics for him. All in all, a fine day!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

There's more, but you get the idea....

Big J

Those are some nice fish.  Good meaty browns thrown in there too.

Onslow

ryguy

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg

itieuglyflies

Some fat fish.....sounds like a great day and the old man hung in there with the young buck.

The Dude

Wow, if that photo of the creek was typical of its flow, then the fish you pulled out of there are really something special. I bet you could damn near practically see them chilling in the open and call your shots.
I'm not much of a hotspotter, but that is one that leaves me wishing I knew where you were so I could give it a go (I'd also be interested in fishing it's subsequent reach in the lower drainages to see what kind of fish lurk in bigger water beneath it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

hcrum87hc

Those are some very fine fish for that water.  I've been hunting a wild stream to catch a slam in.  I've never been able to accomplish it outside of a DH stream, but that doesn't count.
Jeremiah 17:7

Phil

The one landscape pic I included was somewhat deceiving (not meant to be mean, but to avoid hotspotting) -- there were pools that I didn't show. Too busy fishing 'em. No, it is not roadside. Winds near a forest service road and power line cut in places, but not easy access or "takeout" by any means. Beyond that, I'm not sayin'.

The only thing that worries me about the stream was the lack of very small brookies caught. I'm afraid the browns are eating them and that this stretch of the creek might be brookie scarce in a few years. Lower down it's brown trout water for sure.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

driver

Those were some footballs. Good on ya.

I haven't fished since July. Starting to go a little nuts.

Big J

Quote from: driver on September 07, 2018, 10:03:46 AM
Those were some footballs. Good on ya.

I haven't fished since July. Starting to go a little nuts.

Albies soon?

troutboy_II

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Yallerhammer

Fantastic fish for a creek that size! Good shit!
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff