News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River 11-28-09

Started by rjs123, November 28, 2009, 13:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I got up early and couldnt fall back to sleep, so I went fishing.  Hit the river at daylight in Bassett.  I fished there for a little while and then went down below Fieldale.  I caught fish in both places.  Didnt kill them and no large fish to report. Small browns and a couple of rainbows. I ended up catching half a dozen and losing a couple.  I may go back out later in the afternoon before dark. The water is clearing up.  Had a stain to it yesterday but it was pretty clear today.

Lots of birds heading south.

dossphoto

No wonder nothing was biting for me today, I was fishing behind you!!  I did venture to some other water about midday and caught a couple of small fish. I did however spot several fish on the bed.  It was tempting but I walked away from those fish. 
Went back this afternoon and left the fly rod in the truck.  Two minute exposure about a mile below the dam.

rjs123

Nice picture Darrin!

I would have given you a call but I thought it was too early.  Are you fishing tomorrow?

dossphoto

More than likely, I need to tie some flies tonight.  I left half my flybox hanging in trees today.  Any hints on what color midges to tie up?

rjs123

Quote from: dossphoto on November 28, 2009, 21:00:05 PM
More than likely, I need to tie some flies tonight.  I left half my flybox hanging in trees today.  Any hints on what color midges to tie up?

Ive been using black and brown.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

Thanks for sharing - I like the bubble shot. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

flynhokies

yeah that release of the brown with those bubbles is awesome
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet