Do You Like the Format of the Fly Pattern Posts?

Started by KYratchethead, September 14, 2005, 19:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the format of the Fly Pattern Archive Posts?

Yes - keep them as they are.
24 (88.9%)
No - Do it another way.
2 (7.4%)
Undecided - I just come on SFF to talk to women!
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

KYratchethead

Alright, you thread winders, do y'all like the format of the posts in the Fly Pattern Archive? I decided to list each one as a single photo file for ease of printing the patterns out if you prefer a hard copy. You get it all in one package - photo, pattern recipe, and tyer. I have all the fly pattern posts from the other site, so if it becomes necessary, I can get them all back on here ( I has already experimented with two patterns!). So do you prefer I leave the posts the way they are or do one of you want to take it over and do something different?  ;D

Bluetick1955

Can you resize so we don't have to scroll sideways?

Peddler

You do good work!  ;D

The one thing that might be perfect is some sort of menu, maybe alphabetical, to find certain flies when the selection gets huge once again.

Keep up the fine, fine job your doing Gary!

KUDO'S TO YA!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Devinsdad

KY- the index was awesome if you an Woolly can figr' that one out, but this is great.. bein able to print them was a fantastic idea.

And thanks again for all that you do for the board...you win another "YOU D'MAN" award ;D

zzdruid

the way you hav eit is great.

In the future wil it be possible to get a CD with our paterns on it. I got the one from FAOL and really like it?????

but that's for the future when the dust has died down

:D  :D   T H A N  K    Y O U!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D
I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, conferring with the rain........ IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN

phishfool_98

I like the fact that I can save them and past into a word doc. I only ask for the index as well. Thanks for the effort you've put into the fly section. Really comes in handy and is much appreciated.

phish

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: phishfool_98 on September 15, 2005, 10:46:21 AM
I like the fact that I can save them and past into a word doc. I only ask for the index as well. Thanks for the effort you've put into the fly section. Really comes in handy and is much appreciated.

phish

there are couple of ways we could work an indes.

1. we coud add sub boards to the Archive
   a. Dry Flies
   b. Nympns
   c. Streamers.
   d. etc

and then have a pattern index at the top of each one of those sub boards...

also there is a Beta upgrade to this board that has a *much* better search + other features....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: zzdruid on September 15, 2005, 08:03:00 AM
the way you hav eit is great.

In the future wil it be possible to get a CD with our paterns on it. I got the one from FAOL and really like it?????

but that's for the future when the dust has died down

:D  :D   T H A N  K    Y O U!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D

I may put all of the patterns on a FTP sit and members would be able to  download the whole bunch...that is of course if KYratchechead approves....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phishfool_98

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 15, 2005, 13:08:39 PM

I may put all of the patterns on a FTP sit and members would be able to  download the whole bunch...that is of course if KYratchechead approves....

That would be cheaper and make more sense in this digital age IMHO.

phish

Devinsdad

Woolly, I am positive there are trout streams in Heaven and when you get there, there will be several long private holes with large hungry browns waiting for you....Great Job for doin all this

rivetlber

Ky, Woolly

This is the best I am so excited.  :D

Thank you guys very much.  ;)

troutphisher

Thanks, This is good, but where are all the patterns from the old site? I like the catagories buttons now.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

emery

these guys got everything covered i think it needs ;D

teachrtec

Brad  8)