News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Going Live

Started by KevinD62, June 11, 2017, 21:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinD62

Born and raised in the southeast Louisiana swamp.  Move to AL gulf coast.  Still there.  Getting old to the point of not being able to find replacement parts since my model is discontinued and obsolete so I use a lot of duct tape.  Drink more single malt scotch these days than beer.  I've got more money and easier on my stomach.  Work abroad so I travel a lot ( not quite old enough to retire but closing in on it fast ).  In the air minimum 10K miles a month so I have like a gozillion flier miles.  Too old to take the abuse of saltwater fishing.  Always wondered why when I saw guys fly fishing they were mostly old guys.  Now I know why.  Although, I'm still young enough that I get up and go start fishing before 9 am. If I could meet the guy who invented fly fishing I'd thank him, shake his hand, and probably kiss his ass.  If not for him, I'd now be sitting on my front porch in a rocker, mumbling and drooling in my whiskey watching the boats go by on their way to a day on the water.  I still hunt.  And do damage controll on the farm.  Shoot probably 200 wild hogs a year because some asshole thought it would be a great idea to turn some loose (which is illegal everywhere in the US) in the swamp that borders our land.  No, I don't bother picking them up to clean, process, and eat.  I'm a naturalist.  The buzzards, the coyotes, the maggots, and the ants have to eat too.
Kevin
"Fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark."
"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

Dougfish

Nice. That was one big ass deer!

Pull up a seat to the fire.  -+;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Al

Quote from: Dougfish on June 12, 2017, 06:19:40 AM
Nice. That was one big ass deer!

Pull up a seat to the fire.  -+;

Ditto what Doug said on both accounts

Jfey

Welcome aboard.  Be glad to have you pour me a few fingers of single malt anytime 0:0
Yup, going fishing

Yallerhammer

Good pics! Welcome aboard.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

KevinD62

Ok.  Here's another try at the four pics that loaded as thumbnails instead of photos.
Kevin

KevinD62

Who we are and what we do.  (I also fly fish) :banana072:
Kevin

BrookieHunter

Damn those are some big deer!!

Welcome aboard. 0:0

Big J

He checked all the boxes.  I thought that deer was an elk for a second.  Guns get a double check from me.  You own a smoker?

sanjuanwormhatch

troutfanatic

Yep, much love for the red drum and monster bucks. You can right seat ride in the black dragon anytime.

bmadd

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on June 12, 2017, 13:04:58 PM
War Eagle?

Daughter's bow makes me think Bammer. And that's a shame cause I thought this guy would be able to stick around.

NCsporksman

You had me at short jorts and white rubber boots

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KevinD62

Kevin

KevinD62

Quote from: bmadd on June 12, 2017, 13:24:42 PM
Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on June 12, 2017, 13:04:58 PM
War Eagle?

Daughter's bow makes me think Bammer. And that's a shame cause I thought this guy would be able to stick around.

We raised her proper.   ;D
Kevin