News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bash Away

Started by Tpend8, November 01, 2017, 18:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpend8

I was re-introduced to fly fishing recently from a friend on the New River. He was throwing huge flies for musky. We did not hook up but it opened my eyes to a whole new world. My name is Thomas and i am from Dobson NC. I have enjoyed fishing for smallmouth in the rivers and creeks in Surry since i was in my early teens. I lived on Lake Hickory for a few years and fished small tournaments from James-Wylie on the Catawba River chain. My favorite lake in the area is Lookout Shoals. I recently sold the bass boat because I enjoy wading and kayak fishing much more. It takes less time than dragging a boat to the lake and i love the quiet it brings. I enjoy salt water fishing, spending most of my time in the back waters around Swansboro where i have a friend who owns a boat. We chase drum and trout and jig for flounder on occasion. My favorite thing to do at the coast is catch over slot drums from the surf. I have landed my first durm, a 12 incher and a flounder in a creek channel. I hope to really buckle down and get on some drum this coming year. My main fish is smallmouth. Since catching my first one on the fly it has become some what of an addiction. Most of my success can be attributed to knowing where this fish are and luck. I am here to learn more about fly fishing and share some stories with some like minded folks. My friend, who is a member, is the biggest sarcastic asshole i know. When he recommended this board I did some scanning and figured out that i would fit right in. I need the how and why, not the where and when. I am having some trouble uploading photos so I may have to upload them one at a time. Hang in there with my photos, I'll make it worth your time once i get them loaded. With that out of the way, time to bash away.  0:0
If you want to be happy, be.--Leo Tolstoy

Tpend8

A few more.....the important ones.

Dougfish

You had me at Tolstoy.  :laugh:
Pull up a seat. Alkiehaul of choice?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

RiverbumCO

I don't know this fucker, he's lying.  :;!
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Tpend8 on November 01, 2017, 18:04:52 PM
I was re-introduced to fly fishing recently from a friend on the New River. He was throwing huge flies for musky. We did not hook up but it opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Thomas, this opening statement sounds as if you failed in an attempt to get laid by another man on the New River. Is the new world you refer to commonly known as homosexuality?

I have known you for many years and have never known you swung that way — I'm cool with it. I'd expect nothing less of a young man that gets dragged from his bed late at night and is forced to wash a pickup truck in the dead of winter.

Welcome to the party.

driver

Meh. Should have lurked a bit, caught some fish on the fly, got some pics.. Then drop an intro.

Is the goate the official facial hair of Sorry county.

Tits are good.

Erik, i didn't know you had a twin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tpend8

Drink of choice is beer. A good IPA always has a home in my fridge.

Pissing on someone's truck was not my brightest moment in high school......I do remember freezing my ass off and getting a good beating from my pops

Goatee......right of passage for the Surry County born.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Welcome.  Does Grayson know you're dating Erik?  Kidding, I really enjoyed Surry Co, the few times I visited and I enjoy the guys from that neck-of-the-woods.  Plus you have the best mom-and-pop ice cream joint in the land!!!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

QuoteIs the goate the official facial hair of Sorry county.

It's a thirty something thing for those who are insecure about their masculinity, not a Sorry county thing. 

Erik is reportedly operating a Amish-Mussie interfaith humble terrorist training camp for disaffected hipsters.  They reportedly hate rainbow trout.

Thomas, I'm not from Sorry county, but I currently reside in Elkin, which as you probably know is an enclave of interlopers/outsiders who detest the nepotism/inbreeding that is so commonplace in Dobson.  BTW, I float some.  Hit me up if you need a float buddy.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on November 01, 2017, 19:24:50 PM
the best mom-and-pop ice cream joint in the land!!!

What is this place you speak of?

NCsporksman

Bewbs, I think I've met you dude, fuck fishing let's go hunt at your place brah

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RiverbumCO

Fwiw I don't have a goatee.

Michael Toris

Get a load of this asshole

RiverbumCO

Where's Jfey for a classic "great pics"?

Grannyknot

are they a zitty titty in that picture or no?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.