News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Board issues

Started by driver, June 05, 2017, 21:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Thought I'd ask if anyone has this problem. I mentioned it to Keith awhile back, but I had no details

The problem:
When I click on a section to view the threads the browser hand for 5-10 seconds for loading the page. A the bottom of the screen it says: "waiting for aax-cpm.amazon-adsystem.com"

I tried in chrome and IE.

It worked much better in IE with only a 2-3 seconds lag to load the page.

edit: and it takes a long time for a post to go through once I click "post" usually giving a error, but makes the post anyways.

Dee-Vo

The exact thing happens to me all the time. Sometimes it doesn't take quite as long. I usually am running I.E. Tapatalk works well for me also.

Woolly Bugger

For a short period of time tomorrow I will disable the ads and see if that is what is causing the problem. Perhaps I can make some changes to when and where the ads are placed. It may be that during the post action there is a call to Amazon and the board is waiting for that to be served before refreshing the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

I just disabled the ads, post and PM and report the results
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Onslow

Not having the issues spoken of below.  Upgrade your internet to 60 mbps, and many of these issues fade away.

driver

Quote from: Onslow on June 06, 2017, 04:00:11 AM
Not having the issues spoken of below.  Upgrade your internet to 60 mbps, and many of these issues fade away.

I got 200mbps  -+;

driver

And working much better without the ads

Phil

Quote from: driver on June 06, 2017, 06:57:49 AM
And working much better without the ads

Yep. Here as well.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 05, 2017, 22:35:08 PM
I just disabled the ads, post and PM and report the results

Please post here when you enable the ad for Amazon once again. I need to order some things for the store and want to benefit the forum while doing so.

Woolly Bugger

Oh and btw I have nothing to do with the ads that just started showing up on TapaCrap. They want to you pay to remove the ads and don't share revenue with the board owners... Fuk TapaCrap!!!

me -There's a season?

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 07, 2017, 14:58:17 PM
Oh and btw I have nothing to do with the ads that just started showing up on TapaCrap. They want to you pay to remove the ads and don't share revenue with the board owners... Fuk TapaCrap!!!

It's like 99 cents. Just sayin'....