News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Jail time for the truth?

Started by Michael Toris, May 22, 2014, 16:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Toris

You've got to be fracking kidding me. If the chemicals are safe, what's the big deal. Don't give me all of that industry secrets bullshit.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/19/1300472/-NC-Republicans-push-industry-desires-in-bill-that-would-jail-anyone-who-discloses-fracking-chemicals?detail=action

Sign here if you want

https://m.dailykos.com/campaigns/819

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Woolly Bugger

Fracking solutions are protected by trademarks or some such bullshit
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Michael Toris

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 22, 2014, 19:01:42 PM

Why don't u answer my damn text?

Transylwader

Quote from: wildmttrout on May 22, 2014, 19:28:33 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 22, 2014, 19:01:42 PM

Why don't u answer my damn text?
he's too busy soliciting me.
Fracking is a clusterfuck. EPA & DWQ are sandbagging fuckers

Aka

Stockpile beer so you'll have something to drink, there isn't a petition anywhere that's going to stop the steamroller in Raleigh.
This will be a long term fight, not to keep water clean but to repeal shitty laws these asshats are passing.

Transylwader

Quote from: AK Aaron on May 22, 2014, 22:43:14 PM
Stockpile beer so you'll have something to drink, there isn't a petition anywhere that's going to stop the steamroller in Raleigh.
This will be a long term fight, not to keep water clean but to repeal shitty laws these asshats are passing.
Feds AK, FEDs! This state is run by a collective clusterfuck conglomerate of bipartisan country golfers and some staunch ass fucking moronic libtards who have no purpose whatsoever. I fight tooth and nail with the municipality to get approvals on simple shit. Bureaucracy will be the nail in the coffin of this here shitfucksnadwicher. I'm not going to work tomorrow. I'm going fishing coz my boss is a fucking stupid yank. Praise be jah and Columbia <-;:

Aka

Quote from: Transylwader on May 22, 2014, 22:58:17 PM
Feds AK, FEDs! This state is run by a collective clusterfuck conglomerate of bipartisan country golfers and some staunch ass fucking moronic libtards who have no purpose whatsoever. I fight tooth and nail with the municipality to get approvals on simple shit. Bureaucracy will be the nail in the coffin of this here shitfucksnadwicher. I'm not going to work tomorrow. I'm going fishing coz my boss is a fucking stupid yank. Praise be jah and Columbia <-;:

States rights, Mike, states rights. You've been here long enough to learn that.

This here state ain't being run by a bunch of pansy libtards, our bureaucracy is of a darker hue. I'm not too concerned with a 'bureaucracy' of shit sandwich eating hicks in some rural assed county of North Carolina (you're not the only one lucky enough to be involved with them, I get to deal with them too). You put someone in a job of understanding and decimating intricate laws and pay them $30,000 a year and look what you get. They may hold up one of our projects for a while, true. I'm more worried about the quality of water around the area I live. Oscar Blues, Sierra Nevada, Highland, Catawba, and how many other breweries that I rely on, need frack free water. I'm not going the last forty without that, it's too grim a future.

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

rbphoto

As one who is constantly searching for the etiology of words, South African vocabulary always educates me.

Quoteshitfucksnadwicher
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AK Aaron on May 22, 2014, 23:53:25 PM
Quote from: Transylwader on May 22, 2014, 22:58:17 PM

States rights, Mike, states rights. You've been here long enough to learn that.

This here state ain't being run by a bunch of pansy libtards, our bureaucracy is of a darker hue. I'm not too concerned with a 'bureaucracy' of shit sandwich eating hicks in some rural assed county of North Carolina (you're not the only one lucky enough to be involved with them, I get to deal with them too). You put someone in a job of understanding and decimating intricate laws and pay them $30,000 a year and look what you get. They may hold up one of our projects for a while, true. I'm more worried about the quality of water around the area I live. Oscar Blues, Sierra Nevada, Highland, Catawba, and how many other breweries that I rely on, need frack free water. I'm not going the last forty without that, it's too grim a future.

I've said it before, but it won't be long I suspect before counties in our neck of the wood start passing anti-fracking ordinances.  It is already preemptively happening in other parts of the country, even in areas where no exploration has even been done yet as a statement that they don't want that shit in the ground below where they live.

The Dude

Quote from: benben on May 23, 2014, 06:26:34 AM
I've said it before, but it won't be long I suspect before counties in our neck of the wood start passing anti-fracking ordinances.  It is already preemptively happening in other parts of the country, even in areas where no exploration has even been done yet as a statement that they don't want that shit in the ground below where they live.

It will come down to how whether those municipalities can make enough money off of tourism to offset the greed of the gas $$$$.  The problem with Asheville is that it doesn't have any real industry aside from tourism.  At some point one county will start fracking and bringing in all kinds of revenue.  Then it will be a real test of the other ones to see whether they want to stand by and watch the other get rich or cave and whore themselves out.  Additionally, it will come down to some of the private landowners seeing other private landowners get rich for their gas rights and will they push the local govt to cave, as well (kinda hard to scrape out a living triming Christmas trees and boxwoods while the guy in the next county over can just sit there and do nothing while collecting paychecks as the gas companies are drilling on their land).  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I think that WV's coal history and the lessons learned has forever changed the landscape (figuratively and literally) to where the state and local govts will never give complete free reign to the industries, but how much they give up to placate them for the revenue is the question, IMO.  Money talks and bullshit walks. 

I couldn't find the full episode but maybe this will do the trick.  I highly suggest you find the full one and watch.  Hilarious, yet also quite informative.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: The Dude on May 23, 2014, 06:53:18 AM
Quote from: benben on May 23, 2014, 06:26:34 AM

It will come down to how whether those municipalities can make enough money off of tourism to offset the greed of the gas $$$$.  The problem with Asheville is that it doesn't have any real industry aside from tourism.  At some point one county will start fracking and bringing in all kinds of revenue.  Then it will be a real test of the other ones to see whether they want to stand by and watch the other get rich or cave and whore themselves out.  Additionally, it will come down to some of the private landowners seeing other private landowners get rich for their gas rights and will they push the local govt to cave, as well (kinda hard to scrape out a living triming Christmas trees and boxwoods while the guy in the next county over can just sit there and do nothing while collecting paychecks as the gas companies are drilling on their land).  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I think that WV's coal history and the lessons learned has forever changed the landscape (figuratively and literally) to where the state and local govts will never give complete free reign to the industries, but how much they give up to placate them for the revenue is the question, IMO.  Money talks and bullshit walks. 

I couldn't find the full episode but maybe this will do the trick.  I highly suggest you find the full one and watch.  Hilarious, yet also quite informative.

Could natural gas be the new meth or moonshine???  Either way, surely it can't be better than boxwoods.