Wading Boots In Need of Repair...suggestions anyone?

Started by joe friday, August 25, 2016, 13:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

joe friday

I applied about 1/3 of a tube of 3M 5200,  used small blocks and C-clamps to hold everything in place, and let sit for 24 hours.  Ugly, but seems to be strong as heck.  thank you all for the input.   I'll have to do a fit-test to see if they feel different on my feet this evening.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
BOOT repair by Joe Friday, on Flickr

Dee-Vo

I hope you'll keep us posted on the durability and longevity of this fix. Good stuff.

Woolly Bugger

1/3 of what size tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

joe friday

Results of fit test were a total FAIL.   Although the boot fit okay, the adhesive between the shoe and sole was very lumpy, and it felt like I had a rock in my shoe.  I couldn't visualize walking all day with that under the pads of my feet.   Sadly, the boots were tossed into the trash bin of history.  I tried to keep the 5200 spread out in order to avoid this very thing, but it just didn't work out.   So, I'll be looking for new boots real soon. >:( :'(

(I used about 1/3 of a tube 10 oz 5200.) 

Dee-Vo

The lumpy feeling sucks. My last pair ended with the toes worn off completely. This allowed silt and grit to build up in the toe material making it very lumpy on the inside of the boot. Yep, get you some more.

NCsporksman

That happened to my last simms boots. Felt like I had a sock jammed in the one boot. Absolute worst foot cramps and blisters. I was happy when I blew the soles outta those thangs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

natureboy

Freesole by Gear Aid, basically a thicker version of Aquaseal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk