News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Who else wonders?

Started by troutfanatic, August 13, 2017, 14:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

I know I have opined on the topic before, but why are there so many people logged in that have pink text for their screen names? I just don't get it. This can't be that exciting of a read. Some of these dudes have had accounts for over 10 years. I mean, shit... post something.

I'll make a deal. I only posted one TR this year and some pics from my school project. If a pinky posts an intro or a TR in the next week, I'll post one too.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

No, I've never wondered.  I know for a fact that Doug, Big J, and Tomato Can were members of NOW for 15 years and never went to a meeting.      Al was a card caring member of NOMAS for ~10 years and never participated because he thought it was the National Organization for Men After Sex and was sure the women were supposed to seek his randy affection.  So, I don't question the folks in pink; perhaps they are confused about this forum, or, as I've mentioned before, they could be doing a covert psychological analysis of our maladjusted ways.     
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutfanatic

I'm choking on copenhagen here.

Dee-Vo

I notice the shadow lurkers here and there. Many of them are as regular as anyone here.

Post something you fukkin' wallflowers!

Dougfish

I have lots of stalkers. Steven is one of the few that is "out".
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutfanatic

Quote from: Dougfish on August 13, 2017, 17:40:29 PM

Internet stalkers, yep... definitely a few in here, and I am quite sure I have at least one.

Quote from: Dee-Vo on August 13, 2017, 17:13:42 PM

Bob Dylan's kid is a lurker?
Fuck yeah. Post something.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutfanatic on August 13, 2017, 17:57:39 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on August 13, 2017, 17:40:29 PM

Internet stalkers, yep... definitely a few in here, and I am quite sure I have at least one.

Quote from: Dee-Vo on August 13, 2017, 17:13:42 PM

Bob Dylan's kid is a lurker?
Fuck yeah. Post something.

I wondered if someone would connect the dots.

Big J

Lurkers and more lurkers.  One said guy I know creeps on me occasionally.  The said person accidentally sent me a friend request at the wee hours of the morning and then cancelled.  Guessing they were showing me off at the bar. 

In regards to people not posting, I will say that sometimes less is more.  At least that's what my wife tells me.....  :-\

troutfanatic

Quote from: Big J on August 14, 2017, 08:07:34 AM
Lurkers and more lurkers.  One said guy I know creeps on me occasionally.  The said person accidentally sent me a friend request at the wee hours of the morning and then cancelled.  Guessing they were showing me off at the bar. 

In regards to people not posting, I will say that sometimes less is more.  At least that's what my wife tells me.....  :-\

Lol. I have a social media creeper, and I just deleted a guy last night for name dropping a stream in one of my facebook posts.

But lurkers...
former known personalities who quit or got deleted?
beginners who are embarrassed to ask a question? They won't find help reading the random threads in here.
Alter ego accounts? I have none left.

Grannyknot

every time i forget my password i just create a new account to read whats going on.
must've happened at least 1000 times by now.
sorry for the confusion.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

troutfanatic

Quote from: Grannyknot on August 14, 2017, 08:59:47 AM
every time i forget my password i just create a new account to read whats going on.
must've happened at least 1000 times by now.
sorry for the confusion.

Send me your password. I'll remems for you. I have awesome memory, yuge, the bestest. I remembered today is Monday.

BrookieHunter

I've wondered the same thing.

If every pink weenie just posted one TR that would be great!! days and days of tout pictures.  0:0

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: BrookieHunter on August 14, 2017, 18:41:27 PM
I've wondered the same thing.

If every pink weenie just posted one TR that would be great!! days and days of tout pictures.  0:0

Me thinks

a) pink weenies don't fish
b) they are wannabes
c) they are spin / bait fishermen
d) all of the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

brownhunter

I live vicariously through you guys that actually get to fish. I have 3 daughters, two of whom are under 6 and won't let daddy out of their sight! But they do love to fish so I can't sneak off and fish or they'd kill me, but I do take them fishing. It's just not fly fishing and therefor I don't post our outings.
But I have no idea if my name is pink or not.

"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

troutboy_II

Quote from: brownhunter on August 15, 2017, 21:24:16 PM
I live vicariously through you guys that actually get to fish. I have 3 daughters, two of whom are under 6 and won't let daddy out of their sight! But they do love to fish so I can't sneak off and fish or they'd kill me, but I do take them fishing. It's just not fly fishing and therefor I don't post our outings.
But I have no idea if my name is pink or not.

I agree with the vicarious living comment.  I wish I was fishing more, but my sometimes creaky body doesn't make that as possible as a few years ago.  (And truth beknown, Trout_girl has laid on the yard projects here (new irrigation system, new beds, new sod, new plants  :o ...) so we haven't gotten up to the cabin and the forest as much as usual.  Sorry if that disappoints, but my posts have always been few and far between (except when I won the "Most Smites" award cup a few years back - ah, those were the days  -+; ).

I appreciate the posts and pictures of those of you fishing and hope I will be allowed to stay here, even if I don't post much.

Now, in honor of my Most Smites self, IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT, GO FUCK YOURSELF  :;! !

There.  I feel better...  ;D

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.