News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Almost Home

Started by bullship, May 01, 2011, 22:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

We were supposed to have moved already, but shit like that never works out for me, and every time I move I'm busy and behind. 2 weeks to we-absolutely-have-to-get-the-fuck-out-of-this-house because I have tenants moving in from 800 miles away, and they'd probably be pissed to arrive learning they'd be sleeping on the floor for a 'couple more days'. The last month has been insane. I'm finishing an exterior project for an architect that's 6 weeks behind and everyday that goes by I watch hundreds of dollars fall out of my pocket. I also started a kitchen and bath remodel for some friends a few weeks ago thinking I'd be wrapping that other damn job up any minute, so I work all the time, go to a fucking wedding every Saturday, pack boxes at midnight, and see my 3 month old son and wife for about 5 minutes a day......On top of all that I'm broke, moving 3 hours away and trying to get a project lined up in the Madison county wilderness so I can feed my family and get my life back on track. I didn't think about any of that nonsense this weekend.  We went up to the new place and mowed grass, killed mice and weeds, plowed a garden, rolled in the grass with the kiddo, took the dog for a walk, planted some asparagus........went fishing for about an hour. No phone, no tv, no bullshit. It might stay that way.

I don't even know what my 'home water' will be since I'm surrounded by water. Bluelines out the wazoo, a big brown river full of carp and smallies, hatchery supported streams lined with worm cartons and bud light cans, and hundreds of miles of private water(I better get to making some pies). I picked one 10 minutes away. It was fine. All I have to do is make it through two weeks.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

diaz dassie

Awesome brother! Hope you get moved in. You don't know how blessed you are to be moving to Madison County ;D

benben reincarnated

Good luck man getting your stuff straight.

Is that a snapping turtle???   :o

Also what Duck Rabbit is that?  Looks to be the Brown Ale.  What do you think of their beers?

I'd like to figure out what's what in Madison county...only fished the DH section on the Laurel a couple of times.

bullship

Quote from: Transylwader on May 01, 2011, 22:30:56 PM
Awesome brother! Hope you get moved in. You don't know how blessed you are to be moving to Madison County ;D

Oh, trust me I know. Every five minutes I just stopped and said, 'shit, I get to live here!' 40 acres is A LOT of land for a city boy(who hates the city).

I damn near stepped on that snapping turtle, but thankfully he was passive and posed for a photo. Duck Rabbit brown, one of my faves. I like all of em though.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

OldDominionAngler

sounds like  fine new place to be, good luck until then

snagaluffaguss

Good on you feller

Fuck The City

Blow up the TV, Move to country, eat alot of peaches, build your self a home, and try to find Jesus on your own.

Props on the Duck Rabbit as well.

Get Bent

Saweet! You will be enjoying the peace in no time.  -0-
Konichiwa Bitches!

Woolly Bugger

good deal! love the duck rabbit!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Leedawg

Good Luck brotha! Keep on keeping on. Life's a garden, DIG IT!  'c;

Rhody

lemme know when you need help movin
truck/trailer ready
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

kylemc

Next Co. over. See you soon!

Kyle