Smith River TU meeting 12-6-18

Started by Al, November 24, 2018, 20:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) will host a meeting Thursday,  December 6, 2018,  6:30 p.m., at Rania's Restaurant, 147 Main St, Martinsville VA . This meeting will be our yearly wrap-up where we give a brief summary of past activities, hold our election for SRTU leadership for the 2019 calendar year and learn what is ahead for our hometown fishery.

The elected positions of President, Vice-president, Treasurer and Secretary  all must be filled for the chapter to continue. None of these jobs are overly time consuming. If you would like more information on what each job entails or want  volunteer for any of the four positions please contact someone from the current leadership - we will also take nominations from the floor. Just be sure whoever is nominated is willing to serve. We need new ideas and perhaps a new direction.

Feature presentation - The highlight of our December meeting is Virginia DGIF Fisheries Biologist George Palmer's annual "Health of the Smith River" presentation. As many of you know the past few years of flood conditions, followed by the explosion at the Philpott Powerhouse and subsequent generation issues has changed the complexity of the Smith River fishery. George and his fellow biologists have continued to sample and assess, but on a limited basis. After crunching the numbers and looking into his crystal ball he is ready to give us his best guess as what 2019 and beyond holds for the fishery.

You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery or surrounding waters is encouraged to attend. Chapter leaders will also discuss recent events relevant to local waters and upcoming events for the remainder of the year.

Meetings also feature a "swap shop"  set up in the back of the room. Bring what you want to sell or trade. Slap your name and a price on it and recycle the stuff you don't use or need. Look around for those "it was a good idea at the time" purchases you made but now reside in the back of your closet or garage. We always have several  items ready for new owners.  Be ready to haggle. Bring some extra cash and walk away with some neat "I need one of those" items!

For more information contact SRTU President Joe May at 276-340-0057 or SRTU Secretary Al Kittredge at 910-624-3457

Al

Bumping to the top - If you are a Smith River fisherman or wannabee this meeting will point you in the right direction

Woolly Bugger

[attachment id=0 msg=160415]

here are the meeting minutes....
-0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!