News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Not a blue line! Fuk a bunch of rhododendron!

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 01, 2011, 00:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Had to get one more day of fishing in this month. Called the TVA heard what I wanted to before the call dropped out. Packed for the tailwater and headed down the road. Called again and got the rest of the messages, crikey, they were going to release from 2 o'clock on. Shoulda gone smallie fishing, but no. More TVA info and the trip was salvaged as the were not generating on the  Watauga. I got to the river by 11 and since it was close to lunch I popped a beer.

no corn is this local brew

Saw a trout rise, tied on an emerger, got it to strike, missed it, put it down, nobody else wanted to play that game.

Scud and Mercury Mides duo failed in the same pool. Found some fish stacked up in the lower riffle, wore that out, Encouraged by Rhody's comments I moved on ti the big upper riffle. I'd not done well here in the past, but this combo on nymphs proved to entice strikes. Lost two good fish, the first one I was fiddling around with the camera and the fish snagged the dropper on a rock, the second fish, which was much larger, torpedoed across the stream, came back straight at me, then ran downstream. I tried to put on the breaks but I should have let the fish run. All I got out of that effort was a scale on the hook.

Here are some of the more cooperative trouts.

The day was hot and I really should have been wet wading, I needed a break from the heat.

Water was getting ready to come up, so I drove over to the alternate tailwater.

hmmm, that wasn't there before. never mind, I can walk the stream bed, this may keep bank monkeys away.

Caught a bunch of fish, hooked some real jumpers and lost a couple of better ones.

I call this hole the icebox, thigh deep in this run for a couple of hours will freeze up your joints. Fog came off to putting a chill in the air. I weenied out around 8:30 and headed back to the car for a beer.

Why would you need to wash your beer?

Looking forward to a spectacular August.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

The Dude

It looks like you had the camera perfectly tuned in for some beatiful photos.  It's crazy, but I came within a second of using the exact same music video in my report, but changed my mind on a whim.  Great minds must think alike.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

OldDominionAngler

Mastery of macro (mode) and micro (brew). 

Like the Caldera, how's the hefe in a can?

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Transylwader

Woowee, as always, your pix are epic 'c; But them cans look like cheap soda at a 12 year old party (where's the spew emoticon) Berkley Jensens are more attractive IMHO. expensive hippie shit should be drank outta GLASS mate :-* (jes sayin')
King of Crappy beer out... 8)

Woolly Bugger

TW too damn hot to pour into the glass, keep it cold in the can...

ODA - Mother Earth's Hefe in the can is the tits. I'm liking micros in the can ever since I had a Dale's Pale Ale, thanks to Glassfisher...

Here is what happens when you try to fish and make a video at the same time...

raw unedited video...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rhody

"that dam lil bastard" -great line in that video, wonder how many times i've said all of them lines in the video

canned hippie beer is as good as or better'n glass

good stuff
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

benben reincarnated

Dang man, fish in real life don't look as sweet at those do in pictures.  Nice stuff.

Canned is the new glass.  One of the Asheville breweries is going to cans in the coming months.  I've always thought Triangle out of Durham made good Belgian style beers, if that's your thing, and they can their chit.

kylemc

Make the call Kieth. It's just an hour. 

I stopped in the beer wash once when it still had 2 bays for car washing and the other 2 converted to a makeshift bar. Some sketchy peeps in there mumbling about and staring at us until we set the bar up(4 people). Then they started being nice and looking at us like we were there cousins. We left.