armadillos in NC

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 05, 2019, 11:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you seen an armadillo in NC?

Yes
2 (25%)
No
6 (75%)
One time a band camp I saw an armadillo, at least I thought it was an armadillo,
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

There are confirmed armadillo sightings now in pretty much every western NC county that borders SC or GA, and even in my county, that doesn't.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Phil

I couldn't vote in the poll -- never seen one in high country NC, but (like Yaller), I've seen reports of them in areas south of here.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Climate change!!!!!!!   Keep those leprosy infected critters in the real Dixie!

I saw the infants of some of my wife's kinfolk.  They sort of looked like this young armadillo, so yes, I've seen one.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Yallerhammer

I have a small chunk of land about a third of the way down the SC/GA line, near Clark's Hill lake. When I first started going down there staying on my buddy's farm hunting and fishing back about 20 years ago, armadillos were just starting to show up there, and people would still comment about seeing one mashed in the road. Now, they're thick. Within ten years, they covered the whole state of SC from top to bottom. I have trailcam pics from my place with three armadillos in one picture. Every time I check my cameras, probably a quarter of the pics are dillers. Holes everywhere. At least they eat fire ants.

Dougfish

I have friends down south whose gardens are ravaged every night by these armored groundhogs. Fuck em. Bring on the next ice age.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Quote from: Dougfish on June 05, 2019, 21:02:02 PMI have friends down south whose gardens are ravaged every night by these armored groundhogs. Fuck em. Bring on the next ice age.

Goody, I have enough troubles with the groundhogs.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dougfish on June 05, 2019, 21:02:02 PMI have friends down south whose gardens are ravaged every night by these armored groundhogs. Fuck em. Bring on the next ice age.

Armadillos, unlike groundhogs, don't eat veggies. They do love to dig for bugs and grubs though, and will destroy a place looking for them.