News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us, creakycane and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Woolly Bugger

Just checked my pics, and this is the same bad body that I caught 10 months, 24 days ago. Glad to see he's doing so well.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

yelp !! look at the gill cover how its scratched from nymphing those gravels.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

I went to Winston Saturday to the show.    I finally got to meet Flats and Beetle.  They were both gentleman.  Beetle could fish water in his knee boots that I couldn't fish out of a boat.  Enjoyed it boys!  It was a hoot watching TM tying flies and giving everybody watching inferiority complexes.  It was even more amazing when you realize most people his age are sitting on the front porch in rockers watching their great grand children dig up flowers and stuff.  Lying and tying Saturday night was fun and I got Papal Dispensation from Peewee to fish his and Dean's private water Sunday.  I headed to Martinsville Sunday armed with 2 of Peewee's 15 pound flies.  I arrived at 1:00 and fished until 2 and caught two fish.  Neither one monsters, but they were first my Smith browns of the year.  More important they were my first wild fish caught on my new rod that Ralph (ODG3) made for me.  For all you people who don't know Ralph, he is a gentleman and a scholar and one of the best fisherman you will ever run into.  He is also apparently a master craftsman and a member of the Notre Dame football team.  I only fished for about an hour because it was cold enough that I was having trouble feeling my fingers on my left hand from stripping line and I am too old for that mess.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I really enjoyed this weekend.  I met Snag Saturday and Fish Pymp.  Saturday night I saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while.  I enjoyed seeing all of ya"ll.

Big J

I'd be happy with that.  From my understanding, the Smith has perfected the art of skunking people in the winter.

Dougfish

'c; 'c; 'c; Good times.

How about some rod pics?

5xTippett

Doug, I'll show you the rod sometime.  If I posted pictures of it every one would want one.   Ralph is working hard as the dickens at this time and he now has one other thing he has to keep up.

Trout Maharishi

Ralph is too busy looking for his girlfriend, seems she had disappeared of something like that! Go Irish!
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

consumnfire1229

Nice work!  Sounds like the show was a good outing as well.
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Woolly Bugger

After reading BryanM's post about his old dog, on the Drake, I wanted to spend another day on the river with my, soon to be 10 year old, aussie lab mix, Sally. She always gives me the look of disappointment when I tell her to stay as I'm going out the door, but she perks right up when I say, "Let's go!" She rides well in the car, but once we stop, she's ready to get going, and patiently waits for me to gear up so we can begin the hike to the river.

Sloppy snow was the forecast, it was in the mid-thirty's, so no chance of it sticking around.

Silly dog got to the river and waded out and started to lay down in the stream, but as soon as her belly got wet she changed her mind.

This should be good.

Threw streamers for a couple of hours. Nothing. Saw 2 BWOs on the water, both got eaten.
Snow showers blew downstream on and off.
Poured a sip for all good dogs, and those who've passed on.

Gave up on the upper river and moved on down to dogtown.

Have to leave Sally in the car down here. Made quick work of it.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

sanjuanwormhatch

How'd you like that happy ending (the beer)?

Woolly Bugger

Spendy but well worth it!
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Finally felt like I could get out in the river for a spell today. Had some difficulty getting the boot on with the wrapped up ankle and all. Parked at one of the closest river access points and hobbled on down to the water. Tossed a small streamer for a while then switched to half a chicken size. Wham, nice bend in the six weight sure felt good. Great fish for the smith probably went 14 inches or better. No pic so you'll just have to imaging a richly colored and large spotted brown with a huge yellow articulated fly hanging out of its mouth. Celebrated with a Bell's Hopslam!

Thunder drove me off the river.
me -There's a season?

22midge

here is a few of the better fish  today

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

You enjoy rubbing in, don't you Peewee? bd;0 'c;

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: 22midge on March 17, 2013, 15:48:45 PM

maybe the smiff is worth the gas... :-X

nice fish!  bd;0