Riverventure and my Video Journals

Started by richard bernabe, August 28, 2007, 18:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard bernabe

As many of you know, in about a week, I am undertaking a canoe trek across the state of South Carolina and filming the journey for SCETV, South Carolina Public Broadcasting. In addition, ETV will be producing and maintaining a video journal of my trip, real-time at:

http://www.riverventurejournal.blogspot.com/

Over the next 40 days or so, periodically check in to this site monitor my progress (or lack thereof). Yes, there will be fishing-related segments and a lot more. I have been asked by many of you when this was happening. Well, its about to happen and during this next week I'll be preoccupied with preparation and planning, so I won't be around here much. Keith, sticky this post if you like - at least for the next 40 days.

Richard

La_Trucha

Dang Richard, that is so exciting! Like a modern explorer! Good luck, I will be tuning in for sure. Some guys have all the luck!  0--0

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Fantastic! you one lucky bastard!

I guess the rainy season is about to begin!  ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diamonddave7676

Im very jealous.  Congrats Richard!!

Peddler

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

pelcrk

That is so cool.Be safe,pack the gore-tex and a 4 or 5 pc rod.
Steve
It's all good drifts

Woolly Bugger

Advice from previous trips.

#1 Paddle away from water moccasins!
#2. Gore-Tex Strom Proof Rain Gear
#3. Fleece/Polypro no cotton.
#5. Coppertone Sport Sunblock 50
#6. Bug Spray... Deet is bad for you but it sure keeps the bugs off.
#7. Thermarest Camp Pad 2' is pretty comfortable..
#8. Invest in good waterproof bags!

I'll think of more, but you probably know all this stuff anyway....
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

richard bernabe

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 28, 2007, 19:58:08 PM
Fantastic! you one lucky bastard!

I guess the rainy season is about to begin!  ;D

Actually, I am praying for rain, as the rest of us all are. Our fish need it and the extremely low water in the Broad River really concerns me right now. There is a good chance I will be dragging that canoe for most of the 100 miles from NC to Columbia - before I encounter any real water. Bring on the rain!

wvyou

When I was with SDE I worked closely with SCETV.  Knowitall.org is a great site for kids, and I'll forward your blog to some of my 3rd grade teachers who cover SC History, Geography, and Culture.

Creek Scum

Thanks for the heads up Richard. Be safe and I hope the trip goes well. We'll be watching.

David
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

BRFFF

looking good for Richard.... watch out for those yellow jackets...

http://www.uscgeography.com/

is the new url for his adventures....

Woolly Bugger

Richard left his fly rod at the last portage!!!!!

What can we do to get him another one on the stream!!!!!

me -There's a season?

stonedfly17

Dang Richard, get your priorities in order. I'd have left the cameras before I left the rod.  ;) Somebody get that man a fly rod!

Woolly Bugger

[yt=425,350]5K6m_U9RTR4[/yt]

Ricardo saving Al's best friend
me -There's a season?