What did you catch today?

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 27, 2007, 15:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I was doing a little recon up on the new and got to fish the ledges above fish camp low water bridge. They were hitting the surface all around me and I caught my first one as I was wading into the water. I hooked up with a couple of decent fish and missed a few others. As I was working one area I heard a loud splash and looked upstream to see a 14" floundering on a  dry ledge. He flopped around for a while before he got back in. I was able to cast to a few that I saw hitting the top. Most of them came out from the ledges. The water was a little dingy and it wasn't too comfortable wading amongst the ledges when you can't see the bottom! There are a few deep holes in there too! Next time I think I'll take the wading staff....

Not a bad way to spend an hour or two in the afternoon!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=36.55176&lon=-81.18283&s=24&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

i caught nothing today >:(.. but i hope to change that by doing a little wade fishing myself tomorrow ;)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: bowsreign on August 27, 2007, 20:15:10 PM
a bunch of these.

man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

Quote from: bowsreign on August 27, 2007, 20:15:10 PM
a bunch of these.

Nice Blue Oldman!
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.