News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

This is why we can't have nice things

Security guard at Family Dollar shot and killed after telling customer to put on face mask
https://myfox8.com/news/security-guard-at-family-dollar-shot-and-killed-after-telling-customer-to-put-on-face-mask/?anvplayer-autoplay=0
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 04, 2020, 19:58:18 PMThis is why we can't have nice things

Security guard at Family Dollar shot and killed after telling customer to put on face mask
https://myfox8.com/news/security-guard-at-family-dollar-shot-and-killed-after-telling-customer-to-put-on-face-mask/?anvplayer-autoplay=0

Unbelievable!  Somewhere in this wretchedness, there must be a lesson.   A warning that bad water will make you nuts?  Too many guns in the hands of too many crazies?  Sad, but perhaps wise, even with collateral damage, it may be time to let mother nature's virus take out the trash? 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

come on down and join the party in Raleigh every Tuesday...  <-;:

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

interesting post lifted from the bookface

QuoteFor a slightly different perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. On your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends when you are 18. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren't even over the hill yet. And don't try to catch your breath. On your 41st birthday, the United States is fully pulled into WWII until you are 45. At 50, the Korean War starts. At 55 the Vietnam War begins. When you are 62 the Cuban Missile Crisis threatens to end life on our planet as we know it. When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.
Perspective is amazing. Yes, we are in a challenging time nowadays. All times...all generations are challenged. Try to remember everything that those born in 1900 endured and accomplished, and have faith that we will endure as well.
me -There's a season?

troutrus

So many rules; so little enforcement. Lock Them Up

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 05, 2020, 20:05:47 PMinteresting post lifted from the bookface

QuoteFor a slightly different perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. On your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends when you are 18. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren't even over the hill yet. And don't try to catch your breath. On your 41st birthday, the United States is fully pulled into WWII until you are 45. At 50, the Korean War starts. At 55 the Vietnam War begins. When you are 62 the Cuban Missile Crisis threatens to end life on our planet as we know it. When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.
Perspective is amazing. Yes, we are in a challenging time nowadays. All times...all generations are challenged. Try to remember everything that those born in 1900 endured and accomplished, and have faith that we will endure as well.

Interesting.  Rationalizing/analyzing in terms of numbers seems to suit me – juxtaposition, space, resources, abundance of peckerheads, etc. all correlated to the numbers.

The year you were born, there were ~ 76 million U.S. citizens.  At age 14, in 1914, there were around 99 million. At the end of the Spanish flu there were over 106 million inhabitants in the U.S.  In 1929 the population had grown to almost 122 million. At the end of the GD there were ~125.5 million.  When you're 41, the population of the U.S. is over 133 million.  The trend continues, and at 75 the Vietnam debacle is over, and the U.S. population stands at ~216 million.

Yes, you "endured", but does the increased numbers now make it more difficult?  And "faith", that confidence and trust without evidence, does little or nothing to comfort me.   I am consoled however by how nature is elastic and opportunistic.  Critters and vegetation now on holiday, taking over closed campgrounds, reclaiming unmanicured landscapes, etc. 

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 06, 2020, 07:39:35 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 05, 2020, 20:05:47 PMinteresting post lifted from the bookface

Interesting.  Rationalizing/analyzing in terms of numbers seems to suit me – juxtaposition, space, resources, abundance of peckerheads, etc. all correlated to the numbers.

The year you were born, there were ~ 76 million U.S. citizens.  At age 14, in 1914, there were around 99 million. At the end of the Spanish flu there were over 106 million inhabitants in the U.S.  In 1929 the population had grown to almost 122 million. At the end of the GD there were ~125.5 million.  When you're 41, the population of the U.S. is over 133 million.  The trend continues, and at 75 the Vietnam debacle is over, and the U.S. population stands at ~216 million.

Yes, you "endured", but does the increased numbers now make it more difficult?  And "faith", that confidence and trust without evidence, does little or nothing to comfort me.   I am consoled however by how nature is elastic and opportunistic.  Critters and vegetation now on holiday, taking over closed campgrounds, reclaiming unmanicured landscapes, etc. 

I guess you could say the number of idiots were fewer and farther between  :drum.
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 06, 2020, 07:39:35 AM

India's population has grown by 340,000,000 since 1997.  Now that is a population problem.

The US has a self importance problem, which includes ironic delusions of supremacy.  Covid 19 has tested the US, and has shown the world including our adversaries what a fine collection bozos we've become.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on May 06, 2020, 19:05:26 PMThe US has a self importance problem, which includes ironic delusions of supremacy. 

I agree, and I recall this video.

Woolly Bugger

y'all ain't going to believe this...

Alcohol, pot delivered to homeless isolating in San Francisco hotel rooms

QuoteThe city's health department defends the program as a way to keep COVID-19 positive addicts indoors.
KRON4's Maureen Kelly talked to a formerly homeless addict turned advocate who is concerned the city is blurring the line between harm reduction and enabling.

https://www.kron4.com/news/alcohol-pot-delivered-to-homeless-isolating-in-san-francisco-hotel-rooms/
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.

full doc..
You cannot view this attachment.

The administration canned the CDC's plan on reopening the economy...

AP article... https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4
me -There's a season?

Phil

Damn, what an article. Just... damn.  b';