Camera question--Nikon Coolpix S2??

Started by flatlander, February 17, 2006, 10:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

Anybody have any experience with this camera?

plumbob

Don't know the S2, but I have the 5400 that I got from Woolly. Its been a great camera takes great Macro shots. Don't think you could go wrong with any of the coolpix line.

flatlander

Plumbob,

I actually have the 5400 too and love it.  However, it's a little on the larger side compared to some of the credit card-sized cameras they're making now. Furthermore, it's not splash proof.   I carry the 5400 in the back of my vest in a waterproof bag, which (out of admitted laziness) has kept me from fishing it out to take a picture on more than one occasion.  Saw the S2 the other day and was thinking how much easier it would be to drop it in a shirt or vest pocket.

Woolly Bugger

I have a Nikon 500 (same size as the 5400) and have found that by stuffing it into the front top zippered pocket I have a secure but very accessable place to store it.
I carry a ziplock it case it startd to rain. If I dunk the camer...? well then it's time to get a new one!

Here is a review of the S2 http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/review/nikon/s2/nikon_s2.html

Cnet has a review too  http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Nikon_Coolpix_S2/4505-6501_16-31396070.html
google for more user info....

and post the results.. ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Thanks WB.  I had read the letsgodigital preview, but hadn't found the zdnet review.  5.8 out of 10.  Hmmmm? 

fjnardo

I have had it about 2 weeks now and it is great.  I am very happy with the detailed shots and a super macro for all of the bugs I shoot.  The camera isn't too bulky and I carry it in the Simm's waterproof camera bag on my belt.  It is very user friendly and a reasonable price.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: fjnardo on March 29, 2006, 00:24:32 AM
I have had it about 2 weeks now and it is great.  I am very happy with the detailed shots and a super macro for all of the bugs I shoot.  The camera isn't too bulky and I carry it in the Simm's waterproof camera bag on my belt.  It is very user friendly and a reasonable price.

Well let's see some pictures then!!!!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

fjnardo

Here are a couple quick ones:

Keep in mind that this first Hex is wiggling! ;D
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login