Camping and fishing last week

Started by Trout Maharishi, November 09, 2010, 22:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Had some time off and no option to change it, so I headed out knowing it was going to be cold with low water and tuff fishing. The water was low, and the weather was anything but seasonal for this time of year. I was scheduled to tie at the WNC Expo Saturday morning so I intended to make the best of it. The best part was spending time with friends camping and fishing. It's hard to beat the company of people like Beetle Ben, Caleb, Allen, Wild Bill, and Pete I hate I missed you. Got to see lots of old friends at the expo Saturday, and met a few new ones. Kyle and Bruce you two guys made my day. Kyle I have always admired you, it now borders on hero worship ;D Caught lots of fish, but the good ones were hard to come by. Didn't even tape any of them, but my net is a Brodin Frying pan model and has a 18" bow, one of my friends kept saying, oh that fish is about 14" :P
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This bugger had the magic fly, too bad the photo turned out so bad :laugh:Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Bubba lips

Not nearly as many bows as browns this trip

This fish has the strangest looking tail section, it was full of fatGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Long skinny fellow

Go tell the rest of them I am here for them >:D

Fire away haters :P

My hands were just too cold to do much photo taking, and I didn't hardly drink any hippie beer. Coffee, hot coco, and hot tea were the preferred drinks. Did smoke a couple of excellent CAO cigars, the Box cut Brazilian and the Gold Maduro were the best. 'c;
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

I enjoyed the heck out of it!  I have decided you can fish as good as you tie flies, which is pretty doggone good! bd;0  By the way, I am reasonably sure the guy above you and the guy below you Thursday afternoon went home and sold their rods and have now taken up knitting.

Woolly Bugger

very nice, but next time don't sore lip all them trouts, they were all still pissed off when I got there on Sunday...

if the weather holds I may spend a couple of three days up that way next week... :)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Unless it rains I would go else where, but if you do, take some Townsend Beetles and some Allie Worms.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

River Man

Get Bent

What no mention of yaks, midgets, and yurts ? ???  Looks like the D-bag treated ya well!

d:b
Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie

Nice report TM, good to see you got out and slayed em. I dub thee St George, the dragon slayer 'c;

Discomidge

troutphisher

Holy one, hate that I missed out on the fishing........
But it looks like you were in good company, and had a great time...... 'c;

I'll be back in town for Thanksgiving and fishing all week........ -0-
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

kylemc

Damn solid TM! It was good finaly meeting you and on the hero thing...I just keep her drunk :D

flatlander

tbird4

Oooo Weee some fine butter bellies.  'c;