News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The Musky hunt continues..

Started by blue ridge angler, February 24, 2011, 23:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

I met snag this morning at the boat launch to my local musky lake..
This is where I started trying for the toothies last summer and despite many many hours of paddling, and throwing big meat I had yet to ever see one in this water..Although I know for a fact that they are here..Snag has friends in high places, and has been able to procure some nice motorized transportation for us to more effectively target this body of water..this was our 4th attempt with this boat, but true to the musky game it was only the second time that we have actually gotten out on the lake..
The weather could not have been better..With low hanging clouds and the threat of rain, and temps reaching close to 60..
We motored south to an area that snag had heard was a good one..On our third pass through some nice looking timber I had a fish around 30" give chase right to the side of the boat, but figure 8, and more casts proved fruitless..Still It made my day just to see my first musky in this lake..I caught a consolation bass, and had another good follow from a big fish of some kind..we had lunch on the boat and fished hard for 8 hours straight..I feel we are making progress..One of these days..

Get Bent

Killer man... I am glad you are sticking to it! Is that fly hanging from the basses mouth one of the flies Thalweg (Rob) gave us that day on the Norfork?

You are on your way to catching one!

d:b
Konichiwa Bitches!

bullship

I'm looking forward to being up there and having the chance to go after them.  Those damn flies have to be expensive with all that material though......
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Get Bent on February 25, 2011, 01:36:53 AM
Killer man... I am glad you are sticking to it! Is that fly hanging from the basses mouth one of the flies Thalweg (Rob) gave us that day on the Norfork?

You are on your way to catching one!

d:b

that is indeed one of thalwegs flies..it produce the follows as well..

Rhody

good stuff, will have to get the yak out and get up there with you  'c;
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

OldDominionAngler

good on  you guys...I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

kylemc

Hitting the stretch we fished tommorow. You in?

jkilday4

Nice Buddy.  Just a little bit of confidence in seeing a fish goes a long way doesn't it.  Come on back this way soon and let's hit the Bat Cave hole again.