News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For Al, and other trailcammers.

Started by RiverbumCO, August 04, 2015, 18:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverbumCO

Beat this shit!!!!

Went to spray out two areas for "harvest plots" and swap cards.  I knew this deer was gonna be a hoss if he made it through winter.  I posted pics of him as an 8 last year.  He grew.  He grew so good.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

And a big wide 8 has showed up.  No recollection of this deer last year.  Im guessing hes 3.5 years old.

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

benben reincarnated

Al

Yep, those are several nice deer. I've got some on my camera's as well but will admit, not as good as that big one. I'm placing more camera's out in the next couple weeks at locations other then my cabin. I like horns but I'm really not a horn hunter - first priority is to fill the freezer. Hell, I just enjoy being out there.

RiverbumCO

Mature bucks yield twice the amt of ground hamburger.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Woolly Bugger

Sweet flicks mang! Hope you harvest 'em!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Holy Shit! Nice rack!

I was thinking today. I need to go put my cam out. Almost that time.

Yallerhammer

Nice bucks, that one has some high tines on him for sure. I put out a couple cameras week before last on my little piece of land down in SC, haven't gotten back down there to check them yet.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Big J

Dang those are some nice bucks.  My brother moved into a new house for med school and this deer is at the apple tree every morning.

Lives in between houses on one of the busiest roads in town, smart buck.

Grannyknot

looks like riverbums petting zoo over there.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Al

Quote from: Big J on August 05, 2015, 07:05:00 AM
Dang those are some nice bucks.  My brother moved into a new house for med school and this deer is at the apple tree every morning.

Lives in between houses on one of the busiest roads in town, smart buck.

Some of today's biggest deer live in urban setting where hunting is not allowed or is limited to archery. Gaining permission to hunt is always a challenge and you have to get used to seeing cars drive by, dogs barking and folks moving around in their yards but it is worth it. Automobiles get a lot of them, especially during the October/November time frame.

Last year I whacked a big doe right along side the tee of a golf course while a foursome was teeing off. The fellow teeing off called for a 2nd shot because he muffed his tee when a 2nd deer spooked and almost ran over him. They didn't have a clue I was there. I was lucky the deer I shot bolted straight ahead and flopped over instead of running out on the tee with it's buddy ;D.

themidge

Nice deer. What have they stolen? Hope you get a chance to give them what they deserve!!!!

Al

Quote from: themidge on August 05, 2015, 09:32:46 AM
Nice deer. What have they stolen? Hope you get a chance to give them what they deserve!!!!

My apologies if I am reading this wrong but my intuition is you don't approve of hunting Midge. That's fine, not everyone does.

But to answer your question - This A$$hole has his day in court on August 13th. Me and my trail-cam have been subpoenaed as prime witnesses. I will let you know how it turns out.

themidge

Quote from: Al on August 05, 2015, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: themidge on August 05, 2015, 09:32:46 AM

My apologies if I am reading this wrong but my intuition is you don't approve of hunting Midge. That's fine, not everyone does.

But to answer your question - This A$$hole has his day in court on August 13th. Me and my trail-cam have been subpoenaed as prime witnesses. I will let you know how it turns out.

I'm an avid hunter. Lot's of whitetail, wood ducks, geese and the occasional spring gobbler. I hope they throw the book at this dude, you have him nailed, Al.

natureboy

Hot damn man!  My cameras are still resting on the shelf from last winter, need to dust them off and get them in the woods.  I did manage to see the biggest deer I've ever laid eyes while driving through Ohio last Sunday.  Didn't make that awful trip any shorter though...