Putting it out there....

Started by bullship, December 27, 2010, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

I'm considering selling, or preferably, trading my boat. I've been trying to hang on to it, but I'm moving to Madison county early spring, and need a 4 wheel drive truck more than I'll need a boat. I put a lot of time and money into it, and it's designed for fly fishing, so I'm hesitant to put it on craigslist just yet and get pummeled with stupid questions. No live well? You stand up all day? What's that pole for? It's a jon boat, but it's been built for fly fishing for carp. It's also a great saltwater flats boat, although I've only been able to get to the coast a couple of times.

What it is:
-1987 Sylvan modified v--15' x 5' beam side console. Small, but very stable, and surprisingly comfortable in a chop. Drafts 4- 5 inches. Poles easily. Uses almost no gas.
-87 Johnson 28 spl. Good motor. Runs about 28-30. Manual tilt/trim. Sits on a setback plate and has one of those fin things. New prop.
-All decks/floor are made of high quality exterior ply, and have been double, triple, or quadruple coated in epoxy. It will last for a long time without any rot.
-New wiring. Dedicated starting battery. New trolling motor.

What I want:
-A beater. Preferably an early 80's Toyota 4x4. i don't care what it looks like, but it needs to run without me spending a fortune and half of next year fixing it. The boat needs some minor end of season/beginning of next season work. Carb needs to be rebuilt, trailer needs new wiring and bearings. As it sits I think it's worth at least $2,000. If I do the repairs, and include the gps, I'll expect to get $3k.

It's a longshot, I know, but let me know if any of you guys are interested or want some more info. Thanks.

Pics:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Get Bent

So I guess my carp boat will be put to use this summer?????

Konichiwa Bitches!

bullship

Looks like it.... We'll get it hooked up.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.

kylemc

Damn that is a sweet ass ride man 'c;

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

stonedfly

Any chance you want to sell the polling platform?

bullship

Probably not, but i'll send you a sketch. It's really simple. I don't weld, but I drew it up and had someone weld it for me for not too much dough.