News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

TVA license

Started by troutphisher, March 05, 2008, 23:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I was surprised tonight while checking my mail. I bought a fishing license from the Tn web site on line. It said I could print a temp license to use while they mailed the real license in 5 to 10 days. I paid on line Sunday night, it it arrived today!

Not bad service for $80.00 + $3.30 inter-net fee. I never had to use the temp license!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Creek Scum

I ordered mine Sunday and got them today also. I was a little surprised but in the past five years it has never taken more than five days and last year was four. Maybe they used the big price hike two years ago to upgrade their system or hire more people. It's the highest priced out of state license in the Southeast but, IMO, it's worth it.
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

mecnc

how does TN's price compare to surrounding states non-resident fishing license? 80 bucks seems high!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: mecnc on March 05, 2008, 23:59:37 PM
how does TN's price compare to surrounding states non-resident fishing license? 80 bucks seems high!

Not only is it the highest in the Southeast, it is among the highest in the nation!

AK = $145
MT = $70
CA = $104.20

the chart below may or may not include Trout Stamps....( and is our of date)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

$80.00 dollars seams high, but you have to put it into perspective.

Dinner for two, with drinks: $80.00
Two rounds of golf: $80.00 plus lunch $5.00
A bar night.....$85.00
Last time I bought an oz of weed $80.00 (columbian gold) 1981

With the exception of the weed, the events were over in less than 24 hours.

So for $80.00 I can fish for a year, not bad imo.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

mecnc

well when you put it in perspective like that i see you're joint....er point.

Gofisher

Aw shit, here we go again...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: mecnc on March 06, 2008, 08:10:00 AM
Ask beetle how far $80 will go towards filling up the Suburban!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Gofisher on March 06, 2008, 08:33:33 AM
Aw shit, here we go again...
happens every spring when you (us out of stater's) have to re-up!  :j
me -There's a season?

walt

yup, pretty fast for a govt. agency. ordered it on saturday and it arrived yesterday.  0--0

ww
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Txfly

It all goes to pay for that fine law enforcement at the pube-lick parking arenas...don'chaknow :police:

Beetle

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 06, 2008, 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: mecnc on March 06, 2008, 08:10:00 AM
Ask beetle how far $80 will go towards filling up the Suburban!

It will get me to the SoHo and back maybe 2 times....maybe ::)

Virginia is very high too once you add the trout stamp but all in all it is well worth the investment.  Only you can drive the value out of this license.  If you don't use it then that's you fault.  I feel like I got my money's worth out of my TN license last year.  I plan on doing the same this year.