coming to NC for a for a few days

Started by bubbajj88, September 29, 2010, 19:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbajj88

Can't wait to get to the mountains and some R&R. If we catch some fish along the way that would be too cool. Could use a little advice on the where and how. We will be staying at bear lake reserve, we are Florida saltwater flyers looking to try some mountain streams, any suggestions/advice........

Oldman

Would you like to have my wife for the night too? bd;0

bubbajj88

Oldman

Not very good, but she can cook and make me money so I can go fishing. If you will send me say, $500 I will let you in on the upcoming DH schedule.

Woolly Bugger

hey bubba, why don't you post some pics for the natives to look at while they decide whether or not to help you out....  d:b
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Dayum! You must be in shit creek Oldman :laugh:
Bubbajj88, try my tried and trusted formula - a Delhorme Gazetteer and look for Transylvania County, you cant go wrong, every creek except for this crapper alongside 276 till Looking glass creek has some fantastic troutage in it...

bubbajj88

Thanks for the replys. Oldman, your wife sounds like a keeper!
By the way, I'm not a half-backer, I'm a fifth generation Florida cracker who loves to fish. Here are a couple pics, one of my dad ( bluemoon cap) and my son (not yet a fly fisherman). Leaving in one week for a week in Jackson county, can't wait!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Trout Maharishi

This place has standards /"\ We want to see fish, scenery, hippie beer, or wild naked titties  'c;
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q454/banga1981/titties.jpg
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

bubbajj88

Thanks for the guidance TM, will only post fish pron, beer pron,  scenic pron, or titty art in the future. By the way, do you have any recipes for ~4" brookies poached in Yak milk???

Trout Maharishi

Here is a good start, do a little research and ask questions for there, the more specific the better.

http://www.flyfishingtrail.com/3/miscellaneous2.htm

http://www.flyfishingnc.com/streams/trout-streams/jackson-county-nc-trout-streams

I'm not exactly sure where you are staying, I think it's near Cashiers? 3 good delayed harvest streams close to there would be East Fork of the French Broad, West Fork of the Pigeon, and the Tuckaseegee.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

cmiller51h

TM!!!!! I haven't seen titties in almost a year and THAT'S the BEST you can do!?????? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit! Damn! Thanks a lot!! Bubba, it sounds like you might fit into this band of misfits. Sorry I can't help you as I'm still in Afganistan (but only for 9 more days!) and would kill to go fishin myself! Have a blast!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander