News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ogeechee River 3/26/06

Started by croaker, March 26, 2006, 19:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Tried the Shad at Rocky Ford this evening...  Got on the water @ 1:30.  Sunny, breezy and cool (air temp. @ 63').  Checked all my usual good holes and some others that looked promising.  Got two bites...  Didn't hold up my end an missed 'em both. 

Saw one other boat and they had caught one small Shad.  The guy said he believed it was the smallest one he'd ever caught.

Headed toward the landing @ 5:30 and heard sumthin break water and anchored up and threw a Crease Fly wid the 8wt.  Hopin it might be a Striper wanting to bite...  No such luck.  Had one nice Shad come out of the water as it missed the Crease Fly.  Never seen a Shad strike at a topwater fly before in the Ogeechee...  My most unique Shad skunk so far...  :o
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

badankles

Quote from: croaker on March 26, 2006, 19:58:02 PM
...  My most unique Shad skunk so far...  :o

my skunking as not been unique at all...i've actually given up trying for them shad, not until probably a couple more weeks.  i've been enjoying your reports.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

Gofisher

croaker, as I always enjoy your reports, I'm not used to one with no pictures!  :o Couldn't you just throw in one old photo?  0--0