News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

gills and crappie

Started by zzdruid, March 29, 2007, 14:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzdruid

went out Wed evening to a local lake in the yak(3 hrs, 4:30 to 7:30)

caught 30 to 50 gills and crappie>> mostly eyes and nose>> all 3 to 6 in long, but they were bitn'

95% were on the dropper of a popper> >>dropper was a double  softhackle in grey and brown. They took it  50/50 moving steadily and still.

foul hooked one 10 in LMB when he missed the popper and got another so small he couldn't get the popper in this mouth.

I think this lake has population problems . I have fished it off and on for 20 years and they used to be much larger.... lots of pressure on it now-a-days.
I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, conferring with the rain........ IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN

lepomis_mcro

thanks for the report tony... im looking forward to getting out on norman, or lookout this weekend
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.