Football season is upon us (that's the one with the oblong ball, Tranny)

Started by flatlander, August 14, 2012, 11:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

Did Va Tech have a team this year?  I am having trouble remembering.  /"\ The best part of this whole football season was reading one of the Clemson forums after the SC game.  One guy ( a Clemson fan by the way) said if Clemson played LSU in a bowl game that LSU's quarterback would pass for 4000 yards and go home with 2 of Clemson's cheerleaders!  Well guess what!  They are playing LSU in a bowl game so we will find out.  Speaking of bowl games where is Va Tech going or have they disbanded the football team?  The Appalachian State fans are a little quiet right now, too.  Why did this thread die?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Dougfish

I'll play, Ben.
I don't think some of alma mater's team played as hard as I would. And why did this thread die? Hell, I was hoping it would die!
I stopped watching them because they were too hard on my liver and blood pressure. Another ACC/Big10 challenge vs the State Uni of New Jersey in sunny Orlando awaits. Yhee haa.
Did you stop fishin'?

peter p

Peter

tomato can

I don't know how any of ya'll watch football; its become unwatchable for me:  7 minutes of action spread out over 3 and 1/2 hours with occasional shots of a face painted ijit hold a D and a fence, a multitude of crappy beer commercials and the incoherent babbling of the announcers and the 1/2 time crew.  Really is all that pre game hype, commentary, 1/2 time "analysis", commentary and post game "analysis really equal to the 7 minutes of "action"?

sanjuanwormhatch

To me, yeah it's worth it.  Granted I don't watch gameday all the way through to west coast games and often even miss my team's games but when there aren't many things better than the anticipation of a game.  That being said, the BCS is trying very hard to ruin it for me.  There's always the Falcons.

Signed,

Jaded Georgia Fan

Beetle

Quote from: tomato can on December 05, 2012, 21:00:17 PM
I don't know how any of ya'll watch football; its become unwatchable for me:  7 minutes of action spread out over 3 and 1/2 hours with occasional shots of a face painted ijit hold a D and a fence, a multitude of crappy beer commercials and the incoherent babbling of the announcers and the 1/2 time crew.  Really is all that pre game hype, commentary, 1/2 time "analysis", commentary and post game "analysis really equal to the 7 minutes of "action"?

^ this X 2

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Ben, I have no idea why this thread died.  But trust me; I will not forget or excuse how you singled out VT from all this season's mediocre teams.  Little Ben, this is war!

I still enjoy watching college football.  If you ever played the game (peewee, middle or high school, or later) you have to love the intricacies of the game.  Not a big fan of technology, but the system (whatever it is called) that allows you to rewind, watch over and over the same play is a hoot for the fan.  You just have to block out the pundits and gurus.

I hope Bama beats the Irish like a rented mule!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

5xTippett

"Did you stop fishin'?"  Doug, I will be hunting for awhile.  Mud, I was sorta baiting everybody!  I do agree with you on this!  " I hope Bama beats the Irish like a rented mule!"

croaker

GSU headed north to Old Dominion.  Should be helluva a game.

APPY who?
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

croaker

GSU headed further north, to North Dakota...

In the immortal words of Erk Russell: "One more time" 
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

5xTippett

I'm pulling for you boys, Don.  Wofford gave it a good try, but to no avail.

greg

5x I don't know when you last saw Wofford campus. I did some work there yesterday. In the last couple of years it is unbelivable some of the new buildings. If you are in area it is worth time to ride through campus.

5xTippett

Greg, it has been around 5 years!  I will have to go back and take a look.

sanjuanwormhatch

The grand ball of recruiting - national signing day - approaches quickly.  Anyone follow?

Dougfish

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on February 01, 2013, 06:46:15 AM
The grand ball of recruiting - national signing day - approaches quickly.  Anyone follow?

Yes. I have that illness. Not much will get done on Wednesday.