News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spring Break Trip

Started by Trout Maharishi, April 14, 2010, 09:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Needed to get away for a few day and it just so happened that my son and a couple of his friends were on spring break this week. I have been taking a group of them camping and fishing for around 10 years at Easter. Troutphisher came by Monday morning with his waders already on, I am beginning to think he sleeps in them. I've never seen him without them on. ;D I told him it would take me a couple of hours to get these guys set up and fishing. One had never fished before and the other only a couple of times. Caught several fish during the day, the highlight of the day was a large male brown at the end of the day. I have never seen a fish this size have a head and mouth so large :o This turned out to be a heck of a trip, in more ways than one 0--0 More later, I'm still sorting thru my camping stuff and messing with photos while trying to hold down a job. Can't wait until next month, Troutfest and another week of fishing the wilds of NC and TN.

TP releasing him out of the net. I had to chase him around for a few minutes and it sure helped having TP there with the net. Thank goodness it wasn't another unnamed individual ;)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Beetle

1. Awesome pics and report     0--0
2. You have a job????????????????    ::)
3. I have never seen TP out of his waders either.  I know he drives in them.  Pretty sure he pisses in them too.   :P   ;D

Trout Maharishi

Never takes them off after he finishes fishing, I know I can't wait to get out of them 0--0. I will give him props though were props are due. He is one heck of a fisherman, a good net man, and he even bought some hippie beer in the bottle this time 0--0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

That fish now haunts my dreams, like the holy one said, I have never seen a head that big before.
Note, the kype, the hook is so pronounced, and defined, it actually parted the top lip........freaky.

Damn fun to net that fish too, it pulled like a truck, and I maneuvered behind it, and scooped it up.
Good thing too, because it had lots of stream left for fighting.

I do take my waders off, but only during the throws of heated passion with the wife....then they go back on... ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

5xTippett

I think that fish is bigger than you! ;D  Did you lose your cell phone this time?  If not how about turn it on.  I need some feather advice.

flatlander

DAMN!!!  :o    Nice fish TM!

rjs123

Awesome fish!  Dont think I would call that one beautiful like some of the others.  Maybe fierce would be a better description.  When I hear about big browns eating mice I can sure see it with a fish like that.  Keep your small dogs out of the water for that matter!

Thanks for posting this.

red-haired-boy

Damn! That fish looks like it could eat a pig, definitely worthy of having a trophy or painting made.

blue ridge angler

WOW!! what a glorious fish.. 0--0

twinbridges

What a fish!!  That rocks'
Let's see some pics of the campsite.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

Discomidge

Quote from: troutphisher on April 14, 2010, 10:30:18 AM

I do take my waders off, but only during the throws of heated passion with the wife....then they go back on... ;D

TP...I really could have done without that image, and TM that is an awesome Brown trout my friend...good thing ya didn't have Rafe's net man.

Kim 8)

troutphisher

Quote from: Discomidge on April 14, 2010, 16:20:01 PM

TP...I really could have done without that image, and TM that is an awesome Brown trout my friend...good thing ya didn't have Rafe's net man.

Kim 8)

Sorry Kim,

Here replace that image wiff dis one..... ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

maybe you should invest in those zippered models 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!