News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Whitetop Laurel ?

Started by Hopalong7, April 23, 2010, 06:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopalong7

Hi Guys... new meat here(please be gentle, I'm old and fragile).  Been lurking in the shadows for a couple of months...figured it was time to show my face.
    Anyway, next week I'm headed to Whitetop laurel for the first time.  Any reports or suggestions are welcome.  I'm an old Smallmouth'er trying to learn to catch these little trouts and so far am lovin' it.  Thanks,
Dubyasee

jwhop3

Hey Dubyacee! Show em the picture of that monster you caught 2 weeks ago!

JayDubYa 0--0
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

Hopalong7

Well if I could figure out how to get those pics on here....I'm working on it.
DubyaSee ???

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Hopalong7 on April 24, 2010, 08:59:16 AM
    Well if I could figure out how to get those pics on here....I'm working on it.
DubyaSee ???

Check this link and others in the FAQ section...

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,3122.0.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwhop3

Dad remind me and I'll show you how today.

JayDub
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

jwhop3

I can't joke much. It's bigger than any I've caught this year. :-\Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

~by Doug Larsen~

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Hopalong7

That little feller and three of his buddies came from the upper end of North Creek, just below Apple Orchard Falls.  They fell for a 18 Copper John.  The one in the pic was actually the smallest, but was the only one that I had sense enough to photo out of the shade.  The Blue Ridge Mountains are full of gorgeous sights, but none are prettier than a colorful little Brookie.
Dubyasee :D

jwhop3

Dad, you neglected to tell everyone that you're actually 15 feet tall and have really big hands.

~by Doug Larsen~

Hopalong7

Yeah,...Well, when I got back from Whitetop Laurel I was about 3 feet tall.  Man, did them trouts put a whipping on me.  Caught a few little stocked 'bows where the special reg section met the stocked area and nothing else.  One purdie stream though.  Got some pics of it I'll try to get up.  Didn't know there were that many bicycles on this planet.
Dubyasee :embarassed:

Hopalong7

I sorta got a case of depression going to VA's premier trouting hole and getting whupped so badly........however....after reading Mark Taylor's feature article in last sunday's Roanoke Chimes I don't feel quite so bad.  It seems Mr Taylor came away rather humbled as well(actually, more than once). ???
Dubyasee

Woolly Bugger

next time you mention an article like that you might want to include the link..... :P

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/wb/247845
me -There's a season?

jwhop3

He still uses wood pulp to read his news. "Links" are what you play golf on... nah, that's a sore subject too.

JaDubYa ;D

~by Doug Larsen~