3 Night 2 Day July Camp/Fish

Started by Phil, July 15, 2021, 15:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

I had planned a solo camp/fish in early June and got massively rained out, so finally went Sunday afternoon-Wednesday morning this week. Later in summer than I wished, but there it is. Set up camp Sunday, went down to the bigger main creek, and the water temps were 64 degrees, so I didn't fish. Would head up to some higher feeder creeks Monday and Tuesday in hopes of cooler water.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Monday morning, I hiked up to a feeder creek and the water temp. was better. Caught a few, had left the net at camp to cut down on weight, and regretted it. Flubbed pics of fish trying to fumble around with the camera in one hand and slippery fish in the other. Several best fish didn't get their portraits made, but I got a couple.

I was going down a narrow trail and came up on a female elk, who started acting belligerently and snorting at me. As I backed up slowly, I saw she had a baby to protect. I went the other way and found another trail.

Tuesday's hike to the second feeder was only about a mile from camp, so I took the net. Fishing was slower than I had hoped and the creek had obviously been fished quite a bit, but a few came to hand.

As usual, I'm not a great master fisherman and have to be somewhat content with lower numbers of fish than the rest of you guys. About 4 1/2 hours of hiking and fishing, and my lousy busted up back and I are ready to call it a day. Oh well, it was a good trip overall with good (if warm) weather and beautiful scenery. As they say, the fishing was fine -- it was the catching that was poor.

Dougfish

Go Phil!
Nice site. Almost too nice, LOL.
I've only camped out 2 nights so far this year. And that has me grumpy.
The itch is strong.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Stone-Man

Good stuff , my friend   Nice fish  !!!

JT

itieuglyflies

Good going Phil....I'll bet the coffee was good even if the catching wasn't the best.

greg

Looks like a great trip.

Woolly Bugger

It's a lovely place, glad you got to spend some time up there...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Sweet! That first trib is one of my favorites. Second one gets better the more footlogs you put behind you. Good pics, and looks like a great time!
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Phil

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 16, 2021, 07:10:32 AMSweet! That first trib is one of my favorites. Second one gets better the more footlogs you put behind you. Good pics, and looks like a great time!

Thx, Yaller. I was being somewhat coy about the location due to potential lurkers, but knew all of y'uns would know the tribs. Yeah, I only fished a ways past the first footlog on the second trib. Shoulda gone further up.

Big J

I needed that Phil  /'/   

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on July 16, 2021, 07:38:49 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 16, 2021, 07:10:32 AMSweet! That first trib is one of my favorites. Second one gets better the more footlogs you put behind you. Good pics, and looks like a great time!

Thx, Yaller. I was being somewhat coy about the location due to potential lurkers, but knew all of y'uns would know the tribs. Yeah, I only fished a ways past the first footlog on the second trib. Shoulda gone further up.
I have spent half my life stomping around in there. I see you caught Earl from that hole beside the mossy rock. He's grown an inch this year.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

joe friday

very nice way to spend a few days.   thanks for sharing.