News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

troutrus

The rally down at Smith Reynolds airfield is being considered a stupid spreader event.

Al

Quote from: troutrus on September 08, 2020, 21:34:34 PMThe rally down at Smith Reynolds airfield is being considered a stooped spreader event.

Yep, they will track that and anyone who sneezes within the next month will be blamed on Trump.

I guess there is no way to track the peaceful protesters, many of whom are traveling from a long ways off to join in.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on September 08, 2020, 22:08:08 PM
Quote from: troutrus on September 08, 2020, 21:34:34 PMThe rally down at Smith Reynolds airfield is being considered a stooped spreader event.

Yep, they will track that and anyone who sneezes within the next month will be blamed on Trump.

I guess there is no way to track the peaceful protesters, many of whom are traveling from a long ways off to join in.

I heard those attending had their temperature and IQ taken, and those with an IQ less than body temperature did not have to wear a mask.  A few participants however were offered Trump veils.  It appeared that red hats outnumbered masks.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

The irrational tribal nonsense is beyond stale.  Where was the dismay when universities held in person classes?  Where was the "you're killing our kids"?  Most were born with two ears, and two eyes.  For fuck's sake, use them.

For every action we take as humans, there is a price to be paid.  We're going down a road, completely oblivious of the consequences. 

The MSM hasn't learned a damn thing from 2016.  The MSM has gaslighted America, unstable folks have lost their minds, and shown their asses, and for this reason, Trump will most likely get four more years. America is getting what it wants, a spectacular civil war. No tragedy in the past 100 years will come close to the carnage we're flirting with, and no this isn't Trump, or Russia's fault.

Now for some wholesome news from Russia... Most news emanating from the US is one eyed gibberish.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/499800-covid-hoax-qanon-conspiracy/

Dougfish

"...no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."
P. J. O'Rourke

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Issac Asimov
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutrus

I was so happy to hear that our piece of shit president lied to us so as not to create a panic. So very considerate of him.  p;-

Now I'm waiting to hear the reasons for the other 20,000 lies for which he's been credited.

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on September 10, 2020, 20:14:43 PMI was so happy to hear that our piece of shit president lied to us so as not to create a panic. So very considerate of him.  p;-

Now I'm waiting to hear the reasons for the other 20,000 lies for which he's been credited.
Quote from: troutrus on September 10, 2020, 20:14:43 PMI was so happy to hear that our piece of shit president lied to us so as not to create a panic. So very considerate of him.  p;-

So are you going to lie, and deny you've told little white lies to your spouse and kids to protect them?

Does opposing someone you regard as "evil" justify POS behavior on your part?  May we just exterminate those we disagree with, or we do not like the company of, and  just call them Fascist?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on September 10, 2020, 21:01:25 PMSo are you going to lie, and deny you've told little white lies to your spouse and kids to protect them?

Interesting question.  I don't recall fibbing to the wife and son in order to protect them.  Now, I've kept quiet on certain unpleasant, troubling, perhaps potentially dangerous, event(s) or news.  Mouth shut, brain engaged, then form a plan, a strategy, to combat the boogeyman. 
Ah, that's it!!!  A plan, a tactic to slow or halt the beast. 

I have no idea how many lives could've been, or could be, saved if the severity of the bug was truthfully conveyed to the public back in February.  If only one life, then honesty should have prevailed, with a plan – a freaking, clear, coherent strategy that all could rally behind.  Didn't happen. 

This was not a "little white" fib!  Apples and oranges

Wait a minute!  I have told the Mrs a little white lie, to protect her, to protect her mood.  Over the 34 years of bliss, I've told her multiple times she was not gaining weight.  Reciprocity has not occurred!  Damn it all, I need to discuss this with her this evening.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 11, 2020, 08:11:25 AMWait a minute!  I have told the Mrs a little white lie, to protect her, to protect her mood.  Over the 34 years of bliss, I've told her multiple times she was not gaining weight.  Reciprocity has not occurred!  Damn it all, I need to discuss this with her this evening.

If you are physically able to afterwards, let us know how that goes. 

Onslow

I do recall Trump being referred to as a racist for suggesting banning flights from China in January.  Biden and Pelosi were both negative towards Trump regarding this issue.  I'm no fan of Trump, but CNN's headlines regarding Trump being responsible for 100,000 deaths is nuts.

Should we also mention the Cuomo allowed flights into NYC from Italy for far to damned long.

Anyone with an IQ over 75 should have known the risks of Covid by mid Jan.  FYI, I know many Trump supporters who do not go into public often, and mask up.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on September 11, 2020, 09:07:14 AMAnyone with an IQ over 75 should have known the risks of Covid by mid Jan.  FYI, I know many Trump supporters who do not go into public often, and mask up.

I'll apply some oxymoronic logic to this.  So, there are some Trump supporters with an IQ above six bits?

jwgnc

Quote from: Onslow on September 11, 2020, 09:07:14 AMAnyone with an IQ over 75 should have known the risks of Covid by mid Jan.  

I attended this fine institution.  I'd like to think the admission standards were higher in the 60s.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8719057/Ohio-student-tested-positive-COVID-19-throws-house-party-20-friends.html

'That's why I'm at my house': Ohio student who tested positive for COVID-19 last week throws a house party for 20 friends - and tells cops he was quarantining by staying at home.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

troutrus

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 11, 2020, 09:42:19 AM
Quote from: Onslow on September 11, 2020, 09:07:14 AMAnyone with an IQ over 75 should have known the risks of Covid by mid Jan.  FYI, I know many Trump supporters who do not go into public often, and mask up.

I'll apply some oxymoronic logic to this.  So, there are some Trump supporters with an IQ above six bits?

"On average, a Trump voter would score in the 30th percentile, or have an average intelligence level of about 71, far below the 90 to 110 that is considered 'normal.' A non-Trump voter would score an average of approximately 96."

https://empirenews.net/study-finds-trump-voters-have-drastically-lower-iq-than-liberals/

troutrus

Just watch, it will all go away. 🤣🤣🤣

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on September 11, 2020, 13:46:29 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 11, 2020, 09:42:19 AM

"On average, a Trump voter would score in the 30th percentile, or have an average intelligence level of about 71, far below the 90 to 110 that is considered 'normal.' A non-Trump voter would score an average of approximately 96."

https://empirenews.net/study-finds-trump-voters-have-drastically-lower-iq-than-liberals/

Perhaps then they should vote in person rather than dragging the election result delivery out by relying so heavily on mail in ballots. This dragging will cause mayhem.  Sometimes folks would be better served to think about country over self interest.

People endowed with fine brains are not immune to making poor choices. A highly motivated below average kid can run circles around a bright, entitled person, who is too lazy to think. My wife has seen this too often during the course of her teaching career. The problem has become more acute lately.