News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Crappie are biting @ Sharon Harris

Started by Al, August 27, 2008, 19:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Did a little warm water fishing at Sharon Harris Lake on Monday (sorry my report is 2 days behind - I've been busy). It looks like good bream fishing for the most part is behind us - certainly they are off the beds and for the most part are now in deeper water. However, I am happy to say if you're willing to go a little deep with a jig on an ultra-light spinning outfit you can put a bunch of crappie in the cooler.

The water was down at least 3-5 feet on Monday - (The rain we received in the past two days may have fixed that).

The water was also very clear but if you fished points, road beds, power lines and way out in front of beaver huts you could pick up a half dozen or so fish at each location.

Jigs of choice were this 3 inch curly tail and a Charlie Brewer Slider, both fished on 4 pound test monofiliment. Cast it out, let it sink and work it back with a very slow retrieve.

Big fish of the day was this 3 inch largemouth bass which grabbed a 3 inch jig. I guess he thought if he was successful in capturing that jig he would not have to eat for the rest of the week.

It is not all about fishing. We saw a bald eagle in an old dead tree and two deer feeding on the green grass right at waters edge. This being a Monday and school just starting, we were just about alone out there. Took this photo of some pretty reflections on the water.

Psycho_Fisher

Tight Lines & Put-Em-Back!

Woolly Bugger

I heard that Sharon Harris was "fished out"?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rockroller

Nice!  I don't know the water....  Up here in Virginia a clouser can be killer on the crappie.  Ever tried going after them with the fly rod?  My guess is they're probably in too deep water now, though....  I fish for crappie more in the spring.