News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Jo Jo Rabbit tonight. Gets two thumbs up from the wife and I.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on November 15, 2019, 19:35:22 PMJo Jo Rabbit tonight. Gets two thumbs up from the wife and I.

I heard that was a go see!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

go see 1917, a heart-stopping raw all in one continuous shot take you on an impossible journey across abandoned no-mans-land to stop a suicidal attack. 
You will want to see this on the biggest screen possible!
Trailer

Behind the scenes, how it was shot

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

This popped up on my Amazon account as a free "rental",  so I watched it.

A powerful movie based upon a true story. 

me -There's a season?

Onslow

Love the intro.

Woolly Bugger

Just watched The Trail of the Chicago 7 on NF https://www.netflix.com/title/81043755 and was taken back in time to the late sixties. I was on Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands during the trial and all the news we got was from Armed Forces Radio. Upon returning to the states in 1970 I became caught up in the counter culture of the time and became an anti-war protester and followed the news about the Yippies and SDS and all the sit-ins and demonstrations. Turbulent times for sure.

The file is well produced and very engaging with historical footage intertwined with the recreated Chicago demonstrations. It would be impossible to translate the six month long trial into a two hour film but they do an admiral job recreating the courtroom drama.

I wish I still had my copy of Steal This Book
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

read it here... https://www.semantikon.com/StealThisBookbyAbbieHoffman.pdf

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Interview with Graham Nash on writing the song Chicago. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/entertainment/graham-nash-on-writing-chicago-for-people-subjected-to-sadly-lacking-us-judicial-system/2020/09/25/8baef735-cf39-488d-bec4-e4b27f469a7b_video.html

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Broaching the films embracing historical turning points, I've watched this classic more than a dozen times over the last month.  Turned the captions on and I continue to catch new words.  Last night I discovered a new one --- galluses, which are suspenders.

This must be one of the best movies of all time --- wonderful acting, script, and dialogue. 

"An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral." 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Netflix's Queen's Gambit is an awesome show...

Also if your a a fan of Frank Zappa, a biopic just dropped on Amazon. You have to rent it, but it's well worth it if you are a fan!

me -There's a season?

troutrus

Thoroughly enjoyed The Queen's Gambit. Thanks for the tip. 

jwgnc

Quote from: troutrus on November 29, 2020, 21:53:46 PMThoroughly enjoyed The Queen's Gambit. Thanks for the tip. 
Ditto.  And you don't need to be a chess player to enjoy it.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 28, 2020, 08:46:05 AMNetflix's Queen's Gambit is an awesome show...

That's on our "to watch" list.  I watched The Outpost on Netflix this weekend.  I highly recommend it. 
Jeremiah 17:7

Yallerhammer

Creature From Black Lake.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

troutrus

Star rating's are not always a good indicator. At 2 1/2 stars, I found this extremely interesting and pertinent during these times of viral spread.
"The film tells the story of Ron Woodroof (Matthew McConaughey), an AIDS patient diagnosed in the mid 1980s when HIV/AIDS treatments were under-researched, while the disease was not understood and highly stigmatized"

Seen "Dallas Buyers Club" on Netflix yet?

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 17, 2020, 10:14:02 AMBroaching the films embracing historical turning points, I've watched this classic more than a dozen times over the last month.  Turned the captions on and I continue to catch new words.  Last night I discovered a new one --- galluses, which are suspenders.

This must be one of the best movies of all time --- wonderful acting, script, and dialogue. 

"An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral." 

That's what I've always heard the shoulder straps on overalls called around here.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff