Main Menu

Fly Line Manufacturing Video

Started by Silver Creek, October 13, 2011, 13:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek

Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Z-Man

Very interesting - thanks for finding and posting that.  I wonder how they do the tapering.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

Silver Creek

That is what they want to keep secret.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Peddler

Impressive in that there was no mention at all of either of the Borgers.  'c;
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Peddler on October 14, 2011, 11:38:52 AM
Impressive in that there was no mention at all of either of the Borgers.  'c;

In the video or in Silver's post?     :D

;) @ Silver

mattnmtns

Very interesting.  I have to admit, the process is a little less, well lets just say mass produced that I thought.
Thanks for sharing it!

troutboy_II

I agree - the first thing that impressed me was the "mom and pop" nature of manufacture on what I thought would be higher tech.  Shows how little I know.  Not used Rio lines yet, just their leaders and tippet, but I've heard so many good things, may make the investment and shift from GPX when the time comes.

I'll run a check and see if there has been a poll on lines recently.  Seems like there was one not too long ago and I'm interested in this groups first hand experiences.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Phil

The welded loop on the last Rio Gold line I bought frazzled away after only a few months of fishing. I dunno.