News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New Waders

Started by tw5270, September 15, 2005, 15:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw5270

Anyone go out to CO for the big show?
Cloudveil ( http://www.cloudveil.com ) introduced a new line of waders, I know they have a good line of outdoor wear I was hoping to hear more about the waders. As I understand it they will be Gortex and priced lower than Simms.

boondoggle

I must be having some kind of moment because I can't find the waders on their website.
Why aren't there any saltwater streams?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

tw5270

They aren't there yet, I was hoping someone had seen them at the show. I don't know why they aren't there. They just released them this past weekend. Maybe they are going to set up a new site. I would think they would have them up after people saw them at the show though.

Platypus

The shop in Durham I go to is gong to carry them and the rep is bringing the samples next week so I going to try and stop by and check them out.  He says they lool great and are a "next" generation gtx.  He has had some problems with simms shipping product and dealer support issues so I think he may switch to the cloudveil if he likes what he see's.

tw5270

Give us the scoop when you know more, I am eager to try these. I have heard good things.

cmiller51h

Simms keeps going up, you'll have to take out a second morgtage to buy them! I use a lot of simms products, but I'm looking for something different.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

walt

Quote from: cmiller51h on September 28, 2005, 06:02:15 AM
Simms keeps going up, you'll have to take out a second morgtage to buy them! I use a lot of simms products, but I'm looking for something different.

hi cmiller..... In an hour or so I'll be sitting down with the Simms rep to preseason for 2006. I have looked through the pricing, and I can't spot one instance of a price increase from the 2005 pricing on any waders or boots. The 2005 prices didn't increase from 2004, in fact there were some price cuts made on some waders and boots then..... the guide models.

hth's,

walt
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

moodytrout

I have two pairs of Simms waders. the 1st pair I purchased at Cumberland Transit in Nashville 7 years ago and no leaks, thats say's alot. 2nd pair I purchased at Wilson Creek in Morganton this year- the Rivertec convertables and I lovem.

boondoggle

I just wish Simms would bring back the stocking foot guide pants
Why aren't there any saltwater streams?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login