Main Menu

Southeastern - TR

Started by OldDominionAngler, May 23, 2015, 09:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

Man week last week. Made plans.

Stretched legs and leaders.

No trail; pick your poison.

Saw black stones, Hendricksons, sallies, sulphers (the bigger ones), golden stones, midges, green drakes.  Didn't get a good pic of one. 

Dinks started looking up as the day went on.

Sat down to split a beer. Then split another.

Then split another.

Kept on with a little less balance.

Kept finding dinks.  Dinks hit the spot.  Poor humpy, sad to see him go at such a young age.

It wasn't sunup to sundown, but we got our fill.  Felt like eastern summer: 93 degrees, hazy, could cut the humidity with a knife. We heard cracks and booms on the bushwack out, waiting to get crushed by a storm we couldn't see coming behind the ridgeline.  The storm missed us but when we got to the bottom of the mountain it looked like a tornado had come through.

Until the next one.  0:0

Dee-Vo

Glad you got out. Good shit. Your weekday planning looks similar to mine. Going to try and change that soon.

Dougfish

You had my vote for "most needing to get out". Good on ya!

And a lovely portrayal of it also.  bd;0

Deep dig on the tunes.  :o

benben reincarnated

Aka

bmadd

You do good trip reports.

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: Dougfish on May 23, 2015, 13:35:12 PM

Deep dig on the tunes.  :o

You ever check out the Eccentric Soul albums?  Lots and lots of gems.  I think there are like 10 volumes, each featuring different small labels.   d:b

robspe7370

Nice one Chris! I know that stream. -0- We should get together soon and fish the valley spring creeks around Hburg.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

sanjuanwormhatch

Rhody

where does the heady topper come from, been trying to get my hands on more of it for several years
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: Rhody on July 24, 2015, 21:29:16 PM
where does the heady topper come from, been trying to get my hands on more of it for several years

I think it's only available in Vermont, my buddy brought some back from a trip.

Big J

Nice ODA.  How were water levels?

Dougfish

It was MAY.
Although they are still good.  ;D

bmadd

Big J

Oh haha. My computer kicked the bucket last week and looking at the boards thru the little screened iphone is disorientating.