News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bad Decisions

Started by Big J, August 02, 2014, 18:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

I had something come up where I had to bail on Drifters.  Bad decision.  Decided to spend a couple hours fishing this since I wasn't able to float with Drifters.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

To catch about a dozen this size.

And this little turd was the biggest fish caught.

The water was ridiculously low.  Aaron, this trickle is the same stream we fished earlier this year.  But it was nice to get out for a bit.

The locals like flying upside down American flags......

Dougfish

Ugh.
You aren't gonna like my reportage.  :D

Onslow

Your thinker is apparently suffering some sort of paralysis due to the breathtaking amount of possibilities near your home.  The next time a situation arises wherein you feel a bit indecisive, and challenged, just give me a shout and let me decide :laugh:   Put that pune stick down until the water temps drop below 55, and in the meantime, chill where the Bison meets the necktie and walk with them till you meet Jimmy.  But nevermind me, I have an agenda.  I've been wanting to get up there and can't.  Meanwhile I need to live vicariously through someone.

benben reincarnated

Tisk tisk.  Move to NC.  We have water in our creeks all the time.

consumnfire1229

...you don't need to go to NC, you just need to travel SW...
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

DRIFTS

You didn't miss much, I picked up a few small smallies bout that size... the fish'n sucked for me p;-
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Aka

That's a sad state of affairs. I can hardly believe there's that little water in that stream. As to the flags, that guys a pos, but I suppose if one can burn them another can fly one upside down above that ridiculous piece of 'heritage'.

The Dude

I was in Home Depot yesterday and I saw a black guy wearing bright red jorts and a rebel flag wife beater top (with the tags still on it).  It was pretty cool.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

Quote from: benben on August 02, 2014, 21:24:40 PM

You should have seen the creek in front of Jim Wise's property - lowest I've ever seen it.  We did go down in there and catch a few, just because, but it was certainly not ideal.  Ran into some new posted land, too.  Errrrgh  >:(
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: AK Aaron on August 04, 2014, 00:52:41 AM
That's a sad state of affairs. I can hardly believe there's that little water in that stream. As to the flags, that guys a pos, but I suppose if one can burn them another can fly one upside down above that ridiculous piece of 'heritage'.

Yes, I was shocked at how low it was.  I'm making a note not to ever fish it again during low water.  I wonder how many times he has his flags cut down.  I know if I lived in the area I would cut them down every time I saw it flying.

Quote from: The Dude on August 04, 2014, 06:43:10 AM
I was in Home Depot yesterday and I saw a black guy wearing bright red jorts and a rebel flag wife beater top (with the tags still on it).  It was pretty cool.

That is definitely an odd sight. 

benben reincarnated

Quote from: The Dude on August 04, 2014, 06:46:16 AM
Quote from: benben on August 02, 2014, 21:24:40 PM

You should have seen the creek in front of Jim Wise's property - lowest I've ever seen it.  We did go down in there and catch a few, just because, but it was certainly not ideal.  Ran into some new posted land, too.  Errrrgh  >:(

Did you catch anything in that big hole in the bend in front of Jim's house?