News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Geekin

Started by Onslow, June 14, 2015, 15:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Show us the goods.  Some of my crap.Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Some high dalla pubs secured at no cost to me.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Measuring watershed in 1992 before al  gore's internet made such 411 public.

7.5 minute topos.  Old skool.

I love maps.

And overlays.

RiverbumCO

You sure do.  And we love you for that.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

driver

Is pic 4 one of those 3D maps?

Dee-Vo

Onslow

Raised relief is the description.  They are just jazzed up USGS 1:250,000 maps.  I have some paper versions some of those also.  Probably the most handy size for quick referencing.

Transylwader

Mines a little black book and ARCGIS on the work desktop.  Garmin 400T & delhorme gazetteers

croaker

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 14, 2015, 16:24:26 PM
I need to score a copy of ARCGIS before I am out. That shit costs like 25k.

Sounds like a prime "midnight requisition" item.

:o
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Michael Toris

@Phallus In Wonderland

I need to show you around on Quantum GIS. It is Open Source ARCGIS. You would fall in love with this shit. I could write you a few scripts in R or python and you would have an eternal chubby

croaker

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 14, 2015, 16:41:22 PM
yeah but i want to retire not go to Leavenworth.

Similar to the  answer I got in the early '80's when training with a Starlight Scope...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Onslow

Quote from: wildmttrout on June 14, 2015, 16:50:00 PM
@Phallus In Wonderland

I need to show you around on Quantum GIS. It is Open Source ARCGIS. You would fall in love with this shit. I could write you a few scripts in R or python and you would have an eternal chubby

Sounds good.

Dee-Vo

Computer, gazetteer, a pickup truck and two feets. That's what I've got. High tech as fuk.

driver

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on June 14, 2015, 16:18:08 PM
Raised relief is the description.  They are just jazzed up USGS 1:250,000 maps.  I have some paper versions some of those also.  Probably the most handy size for quick referencing.

I have one of those of the Asheville area. Do you know where you can get more? The are fun to look at

Onslow

http://www.amep.com/usgs_seastern.asp

Hubbard does not produce maps for the Piedmont areas or coastal plain.  You can however order the 1:250,000 paper maps from USGS. 

I have a plastic map of the Roanoke quad that I could turn loose if you wanted it.

Dougfish