Reminder: SRTU Fish With A Friend

Started by Dougfish, September 11, 2013, 06:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Fish With A Friend

On Saturday, September 14th, we'll meet at the Mirror Plant parking area in Philpott for a day of fishing. Members are encouraged to bring a guest, newbies to the Smith, out of towners, etc. to fish with them and gain some insight to our wonderful river. Learn some favorite spots, how to fish some runs, gear tips, favorite flies, etc. We will be inviting the public, but members are encouraged to bring someone they know who has shown interest and needs a push or helping hand. Less experienced members need not be shy. If you want to fish with a more experienced club member, contact Scott Griffin ahead of time or just show up ready to go. We'll get you paired up! Plan to meet at 8AM and we'll hit the water by 8:30. We'll take a head count for lunch and fish til 1:00. Gather back at the parking area for lunch and lies and those that want to, can continue fishing.

Scott – griffin.s.scott@gmail.com or 276-692-5857

wind_knot

I'll see you guys there. Provided my body does not give out on me before hand!!

wind_knot

I think Dougfish stands for DougFlowersInvertebratesShrubsHibiscus but most definitely not fish!! ;D ;D

Dougfish

Weird day on the Smith. Oh, and Windy was there, too.  :-*
WTF is up with the temps!?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

http://nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwisweb/graph?agency_cd=USGS&site_no=02072500&parm_cd=00010&period=1353

something is going on, but all of the high temps are in the provisional data region of the graph, maybe there is an instrumentation problem.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Feather Chucker

Doug,

It was nice meeting you, Wind Knot and everyone else in the group yesterday. The Smith is great at showing you how crappy your casting and wading skills are. I kept seeing rises and they'd be just outside my casting range. I'd get impatient and wade too fast spooking everything. Neal tried to make me feel better because he wasn't tearing it up either. Probably because I was spooking everything upstream of him.

wind_knot

wind_knot

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 15, 2013, 11:13:58 AM
http://nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwisweb/graph?agency_cd=USGS&site_no=02072500&parm_cd=00010&period=1353

something is going on, but all of the high temps are in the provisional data region of the graph, maybe there is an instrumentation problem.

Damned global warming!! The water felt warm yesterday, but not THAT warm.

Dougfish

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 15, 2013, 11:13:58 AM

Maybe an instrument issue, but it was at least 60-65, which is toasty for the Smiff.

Dougfish

Quote from: Feather Chucker on September 15, 2013, 14:58:29 PM
Doug,

It was nice meeting you, Wind Knot and everyone else in the group yesterday. The Smith is great at showing you how crappy your casting and wading skills are. I kept seeing rises and they'd be just outside my casting range. I'd get impatient and wade too fast spooking everything. Neal tried to make me feel better because he wasn't tearing it up either. Probably because I was spooking everything upstream of him.

Glad you and the other guests could join us. If the feesh would have cooperated, it would have been better.
Yes, slow careful wading wins the day on that river. I had Windrow flopping around (just kidding) and another fellow who was very splashy. The fish said "Nay, nay!" to that shit.

wind_knot

Well, if my "guide" would stop telling me to go stand on the slippery shit just to show his studs are the only way to go!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D