Main Menu

CARPE CARPIO!! and hump-back gills 6/02/08

Started by lepomis_mcro, June 02, 2008, 15:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

fished lookout this morning

water temp 76-78
water clarity 3-8 feet

started the day out looking for nesting gills. good news, they are up on the beds. the back of a few coves look an
awful lot like the surface of the moon with all the craters.

had a blast with gills taking top water, and a some on the bully. a lot of the big guys were under the docks.
this guy had a nice hump back going on.

after i had my fill of the gills.. i head out looking for the golden bonefish.
three coves, one broken line, and two hooks spit back at me. i had one on the boat. the fly for the day
was the white popper. something about it they just seem to like.

grass carp are a blast.  ;D ;D
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

i'm thinkin we need to hang out together more often.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

That is a sure nuff bull brim ;D Does the popper have rubber legs or a hackle tail? Can you show it? The local golf course is full of those big ol grass carp and some of em are big :o Might have to do a little commando work next full moon ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on June 02, 2008, 18:13:49 PM
That is a sure nuff bull brim ;D Does the popper have rubber legs or a hackle tail? Can you show it? The local golf course is full of those big ol grass carp and some of em are big :o Might have to do a little commando work next full moon ;D

white #8 foam body, painted silver top, white marabou tail.

sometimes you cant go wrong by keeping it simple
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.