Taking a walk through the mine field

Started by flyinlow, March 01, 2015, 14:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Well since i moved back to Lburg this past summer, it seemed like i had something going on every single weekend and if i didn't, the weather was crap. The future ball and chain gave the word she was out for the weekend and that was that  V:; Headed north back to the old college stomping grounds to see whats been happening. It was a beautiful morning, but freezing.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Moved a few and had a few dinks chase but no solid hits until this guy hammered the fly. Not the biggest but beats getting skunked.

Fished the stream a little while longer and nothing else so packed it up and rolled south to the cabin for the remainder of the day.

still over a foot of snow on the ground which made the trek to and from a workout.

The stream still had some open spots so i went for it.

Rounded the bend and entered the mine field. Ice on bottom and top with snow in between in most spots. It was strong enough to walk on in most spots but i had my fair share of oh crap moments when my leg would disappears into the abyss.

Found two in this hole that wanted to play.

And thats all she wrote for the fish. Bumped a gang of turkeys and two deer while out and about.
Finished up a great day with some cold brews. Even though it was cold and impossible hiking though the snow, still beats sitting inside. I need to invest in some snowshoes if this keeps up.

Big J

flyinlow

Dougfish

Finally! An intrepid soul. Very nice.
And I hate stream 1, BTW.  :;!

Methinks we will bump into each other soon.

Onslow

Conditions were still a bit sketchy in the New River valley, but things look a wee bit colder up there, FL.  Temps soared into the low 50s.  The streams that were free of ice were muddy due to snow melt.  Others were nearly completely covered in ice.  I was hoping for a delightful hour on the water but it didn't happen.

OldDominionAngler

Well played sir. I was traipsing those same icy banks this weekend.  Highs in the 20s but beautiful blue-bird skies and sun...it sure as hell beat staring at a computer screen.   0:0

TheYiman

JWJ

Good shit dude. I need some of that. Hate I was out of town.

benben reincarnated