News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

and you thought the drought was bad in NC....

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 06, 2007, 22:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSN0642623620070606?feedType=RSS&rpc=22

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Los Angeles residents were urged on Wednesday to take shorter showers, reduce lawn sprinklers and stop throwing trash in toilets in a bid to cut water usage by 10 percent in the driest year on record.

If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Gofisher

4" of rain in 11 months!  :o Shit, they get more rain than that in the desert! Damn George Bush... ;D
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

peter p

We can't be far behind on those restrictions.  I haven't had more then an inch of rain in the last 6 weeks combined.  I picked a great spring to plant some landscaping.   
Peter

phg

Quote from: Gofisher on June 07, 2007, 08:51:08 AM
4" of rain in 11 months!  :o Shit, they get more rain than that in the desert! Damn George Bush... ;D

...um, Gordo, LA IS in a desert.  They never get much rain.

diamonddave7676

Yeah it is usually fairly dry there this time of year but not usually that bad.  I lived in Huntington Beach, CA for a while and I know they have been getting rain quite often there so far this year.  But water restrictions in LA is nothing new they usually have them every year.

Gofisher

Quote from: phg on June 07, 2007, 10:24:46 AM

Errrr.....I wouldn't know, I stay away from those Californicators...I don't go past Texass.  ;)
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutphisher

Sad news indeed!

How will this effect the Lophophora williamsii crop?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

Quote from: Gofisher on June 07, 2007, 12:11:43 PM
Quote from: phg on June 07, 2007, 10:24:46 AM

Errrr.....I wouldn't know, I stay away from those Californicators...I don't go past Texass.  ;)
...smart man.  I think I've been to LA twice on business.  It didn't impress me much either time.