News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Caney get together

Started by Gofisher, March 31, 2008, 16:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofisher

This is a report I posted on another board. I'll try to get some pics later (if Tex doesn't act like too much of an ass, and Peddler doesn't....aw, nevermind...) when I have time.

Dang, I had a Tubakka length post ready to submit and I hit the wrong button...Gone!...All of it gone! Guess that means it was too long anyways...
We arrived Friday night to a beautiful site on the riverbank. There were a couple of awnings up (well needed!) and fire to take the chill off. After intros and a great steak dinner (thanks a bunch Jarrod), we sat around the fire or stood under the awning and made our plans for the morning. I think they also were telling some lies too. It would be my first streamer trip on the Caney and I'd fish with Kyle and Brian in the Star raft.

After getting up at the crack of dawn (lol) and brushing teeth , it was time for a delicious breakfast prepared by caneyscud. Thanks Mike, that's all we ate 'til dinner time! I took the first turn at the oars so the E TN boys could wet their line for the first time in the Caney. Kyle hooked up almost immediately. It took Brian a little longer to score, but he did and we all boated fish. Funny thing I noticed about streamer fish...When you can see the fish going after your fly, it's hard to have the patience to let them actually take it! It was the best average catch size that I'd had on the Caney.

A side note...We ran in to Tuba boy at the put in and the takeout. Another fisherman told us his cooler was loaded. We thought about asking to see his catch at the takeout, but decided to just bite our tongues.

When we got back to the camp, the rain had set in and the guys were in the walled awning staying dry and eating. Jarrod had put some pork on the fire before we left out and it was fine tasting! RJ showed up in time to grab a bite and meet the ruffians. As the evening wore on, some wore out. Not naming names Bryan   but we were hoping you had gone to bed and not rolled down the hill into the water. When flyfishtn turned in, I knew the night was about over. MikeA, Kyle, and myself put the camp to bed after swapping a few more stories.

The next day was similar, except the breakfast was provided by Joyce at the Waffle House. She almost slipped me a free piece of that delicious country ham. We didn't have the numbers we had on Saturday, but the fish caught were healthy and spirited. I'll get some pics together in a couple of days and get them posted. A few final thoughts....

Toddro, I can't believe you got a car in and out of there...at least you didn't have to get towed...
MikeA, flyfishtn, Jarrod, and Kyle have some great fishing boats...
RJ, nice meeting you and we will fish sometime...
Caneyscud has a great fishing hat and makes a fine breakfast burrito...
Caneybuff is a trooper for coming out when he obviously was not feeling well...
Grumpy, "as long as you brush your teeth first"...
Bottles and jars that make your insides feel warm...
Kyle, well, I better not say too much! Bryan was a brave man to come with ya. C'mon back anytime little buddy. You and the BIL are always welcome.

Jarrod, thanks for all the work you did to pull this off! With the inclimate weather we had, I was never uncomfortable. Thanks again to all who shared in this and I look forward to another one soon. By the way, let me know when you collect enough for my 4 wheel drive Jarrod...

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutphisher

Sounds like you guys had a fun trip!!!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

kylemc

I really enjoyed the Caney..Love fishing new water 0--0

a few shots from the trip

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Txfly

Gimme a hollar when you're ready to do it again, I'm game.

kylemc

Woolly Bugger

Good lookin feeshes, what's gordo doing in the first shot? taking a leak?  and where's the Jägermeister?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

funny you should say something about Gordie taking a leak..I'll let him tell the story ;D

Discomidge

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 01, 2008, 15:22:25 PM
Good lookin feeshes, what's gordo doing in the first shot? taking a leak? 

8@S...that's what I was wonderin'...if so, I hope they're the waders with a zipper fly, if not he's pissin' himself 0--0 ;D

Kim 8)

troutphisher

Fine looking water!.....

Nice pic's Kyle!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.