News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ready for the eclipse.

Started by rjs123, December 21, 2010, 00:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

diaz dassie

What times it again mate? I am keen -0- Case of Stella, nuthing wrong wit dat 'c;

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

rjs123

Found this online:

If you live in North America, or the western half of South America, you will get to witness a very rare occurrence. A total lunar eclipse is going to take place on December 21st, 2010. If you live on the west coast it will happen on December 20th.

lunar eclipse 2010What makes the event even more interesting is that it will happen on the same day as the winter solstice. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year, and marks the official beginning of the winter season.

The natural show will start at roughly 1:33 a.m. eastern time on the 21st. Here is an explanation of what will happen in simple terms. Basically the moon will move into the shadow of the earth. If it's not cloudy outside, you should be able to witness the moon turn a dark reddish brown color as it passes through the earths shadow. The total eclipse should be complete around 2:40 a.m. and then stay eclipsed until almost 4:00 a.m. This should provide everyone plenty of time to see the rare happening.

If you are interested you had better check it out now because the next one won't take place until April 14-15 2014.

diaz dassie

Cameras 'a ready mate. Too bad its colder than a witches nipple outside, but yes, I have a good clean view from the porch. Hopefully I get a good few pix. Will post, but right now, it's time to crank the bottie of Wizzo my good mum sent me for Xmas! -0-

mecnc

To cloudy here to see it. Brought my camera to work and everything.  b';

Peddler

It was a Great Gig in the Sky, eh?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Rhody

Perfect music for watching, too bad it was cloudy.

Roger Waters was on Conan the other night, and he was funny as hell, and Conan got him to say this.........

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

Well, I did get to see it.

Lunar eclipse's are interesting, just not very exciting....

rjs123

It was clear all night here in Tampa.  Got a few pics just with a 200mm lens.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login