News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Explored some new water today

Started by The Dude, May 30, 2015, 18:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

I decided to throw big stuff and chase hawgs.  Got started early (4:30 am wake up and on the stream by 7:00 am).  I had follows from a couple of fish that made me jizz my pants.  Its probably better, cuz I probably would not have been able to land them if I had hooked up.  18+" ballpark.  I raised some other nice fish between 12"-15" that I didn't land due to short strikes or LDRs.  I knew this place had potential, but I didn't really think it would be this good, especially in late May after so much above average temps and below avg rainfall.  I must go back with even heavier tackle and produce the goods to back up the claims I made in this report.  Until then, they are just fish stories.

One decent fish came on the stonefly (she got her own photo shoot).

Fucking beaver was fucking hungry.

And then I nailed her twin sister with the cumsock.  A twin photo shoot seemed like the way to go, so.........

I also caught a bunch of fish that looked like this

Things shut off completely after noon.  That sucked because I encountered the best water between noon and 3pm.  But with what I saw earlier in the morning, I know that there will be some future trips for me to fish it when the fish are more active.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Aka

The Dude

Sorry buddy, but this was an intentional solo trip.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

I now know why you were m.i.a. today.   Son of a bitch. 

Aka

I was hiking with the girls all day. We went over to the one that's two up from where you and Ben & I went last. I played around with my new full sink 6wt line & got into some smallies.
Those are some sweet browns, nice going.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

TheYiman

Dee-Vo

Good luck on the "bigguns" next go around, nice report. Solo is a must sometimes. I like it better.

Dougfish

Big J

I wish we had more small stream brown trout action around me.

Onslow

I'm down with the meat n potatoes TR.  Some good brown lovin there.

Transylwader

NCsporksman

I like where your head's at with this...impatiently awaiting part duex