News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Great interview

Started by The Dude, July 29, 2013, 03:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Beetle

wind_knot

"Have you even read my book?"

benben reincarnated

Big J

That is an awful interview.  Feel bad for the guy having to repeat himself over and over.  Unforunately this is how most Christians go about discussions on these kinds of topics.  Attacking the person as opposed to bringing up points that counter the persons position.  An example would be disagreeing with his point that Jesus was a rebel leader and was a threat to the Roman government.  The reason why He was crucified is because He was a threat to the Jews, and the Jews wanted Him crucified.  The Romans not wanting a rebellion from the Jews (not Jesus) did it to appease them.  Hence why Ceasar washed his hands and made a point that he didn't want to crucify this man.  Ultimately though, it didn't matter if the Jews were going to revolt or not, if a person believes the Bible.  Jesus had to be crucified at some point in order for the prophecy to come true.  So arguing that because He was killed by the Romans by being crucified makes Him a rebelious leader is a silly arguement at best.  That would of been a better point to bring up then "your a muslim so you aren't qualified to write on Jesus". Haha

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Uncomfortable, excruciating!!!

I'd give my left testicle for John's positivity to be true, but my cynicism is beating the hell out of my optimism at the present.  I need a reboot!

"The highly religious ages were ages of blood and persecution. Man's tenderness for man has vastly increased. The sense of the sacredness of human life has increased as his faith in his gods has declined. He has grown more human as he has grown less superstitious. Science has atrophied his faith, but it has softened his heart. His fear of Nature has given place to love. Man never loved as he does now. He has withdrawn his gaze from heaven and fixed it upon the earth. As his interest in other worlds has diminished, his interest in this has increased. As the angels have departed, the children have come in."
(John Burroughs, "The Worm Striving To Be Man")
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 29, 2013, 08:10:39 AM
Uncomfortable, excruciating!!!

I'd give my left testicle for John's positivity to be true, but my cynicism is beating the hell out of my optimism at the present.  I need a reboot!

"The highly religious ages were ages of blood and persecution. Man's tenderness for man has vastly increased. The sense of the sacredness of human life has increased as his faith in his gods has declined. He has grown more human as he has grown less superstitious. Science has atrophied his faith, but it has softened his heart. His fear of Nature has given place to love. Man never loved as he does now. He has withdrawn his gaze from heaven and fixed it upon the earth. As his interest in other worlds has diminished, his interest in this has increased. As the angels have departed, the children have come in."
(John Burroughs, "The Worm Striving To Be Man")

"Religion is flawed, because man is flawed."

There are true monsters in the science field, just like there are truly vile people in the religious field.  Jack Kevorkian, Scientologist, and Tuskegee Study Scientists to name a few groups/people.

Another bonus qoute, "Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see."

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on July 29, 2013, 08:40:58 AM
Another bonus qoute, "Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see."

So, I assume you should only believe ½ of what you read? 

I suppose I should trust 2 of the 4 articles; that's enough for me.

So I've reformatted the hard drive (better than rebooting), and will not be installing the religious software for Windows.

Good news is most excellent!   And 1 of the 4 is just for you Big J.

http://www.positivenewsus.org/the-world-is-more-peaceful.html

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/recreation/celebrities/simpsons-co-creator-gives-away-fortune.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23382526

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/guideposts/blessed-by-bull-dogs-lovi_b_3498817.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

wind_knot

Quote from: Big J on July 29, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 29, 2013, 10:06:28 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/guideposts/blessed-by-bull-dogs-lovi_b_3498817.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

Good article Mudwall  'c;

Agreed!!

We have a dog, Buddy, that I saw on the side of the road eating a very rotten deer carcas. I pulled over, ran across the highway and said, "hey buddy, do you want to come home with me?" Just then, he jumped into my arms like he knew that his life just got better. When I found him, he was literally skin and bones weighing 25lbs. He weighs a healthy 55 lbs now and pays us back every day for rescuing him from the side of the highway.

He loves the other three dogs and cat and protects my wife every where she goes. He knew no love until that day but in an instant became so full of love that he shows it all day while he is awake!!

Dogs are amazing creatures. Humans are fucking idiots (not all of them, but you get the idea).

RiverbumCO

Quote from: wind_knot on July 29, 2013, 14:22:03 PM
Quote from: Big J on July 29, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 29, 2013, 10:06:28 AM

Good article Mudwall  'c;

Agreed!!

We have a dog, Buddy, that I saw on the side of the road eating a very rotten deer carcas. I pulled over, ran across the highway and said, "hey buddy, do you want to come home with me?" Just then, he jumped into my arms like he knew that his life just got better. When I found him, he was literally skin and bones weighing 25lbs. He weighs a healthy 55 lbs now and pays us back every day for rescuing him from the side of the highway.

He loves the other three dogs and cat and protects my wife every where she goes. He knew no love until that day but in an instant became so full of love that he shows it all day while he is awake!!

Dogs are amazing creatures. Humans are fucking idiots (not all of them, but you get the idea).

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

wind_knot

Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 29, 2013, 14:34:39 PM

Those first few steps he made towards them in the wild I would have been man I REALLY hope he remembers us!!! Awesome story!! Thank you!!

Transylwader

" I've been obshesshed with Jeeshish for twenty four yearsssh. 'c;
Sounds like Shelly Marsh. Fuck him... p;-
Stupid Turds
:P

Trout Maharishi

Sad it was a hack like her that interviewed him. Should we cut her head off, or stone her to death like the peacful Muslims do? I'm sure he had some very interesting things to say. :P I wonder if the right wing christians will put out a fatwa on him like the Muslims did when Salman Rushdie wrote a book critical of Islam? Read the book, I don't need to. I know everything I need to know about Muslims. They want us to either convert to Islam or die. bd;0 What else do they need to do to us to convince us that their intentions are to maim and kill as many of us as they can? When I think of the price we have paid from terrorist and practitioners of that religion I wanna puke. Christens and Muslims have been at war for thousands of years, what's gonna change? Fuck a bunch of rag heads. Turn the channel to MSNBC if you don't wanna watch FOX
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 29, 2013, 21:01:50 PM
I know everything I need to know about Muslims. They want us to either convert to Islam or die. .......... Christens and Muslims have been at war for thousands of years, what's gonna change?

When you meet the next Muslim, tell them you are Pantheist, just like the great American, Abraham Lincoln.  He/she will then let you safely pass.

And if you "know everything" you need to know, then you are in the minority.

http://www.annarbor.com/faith/how-much-do-americans-really-know-about-religion-test-your-knowlege/