News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Specks in the GWNF

Started by FT, April 03, 2006, 08:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FT

A slight case of food posoning know me out of fishing Sat.  but MrsFT released me Sunday and sent me fishing.  Hit a small blue line that BrentG sent me to.  It was a tight little stream, with a lot of brush and trees.  Was worth it though.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Landed about 1/2 dozen and missed at least that many.

Decided to try another one close by. Fishing was excellent there also. 

Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

Woolly Bugger

nice... even though my 1200 mile road trip was "a lot of fun", i would sort of rather been fishing that watching the botball tourney....

At the school, Mercer, there was also a Women's Vollyball match going on, but I was wrangled in and had to watch the robotic boys and girls...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

boondoggle

You poor guy...forced to catch suicidal brookies.  I would have shared my joyful tasks of hanging blinds, shutters and pictures...you are my bud so I gotta share the good times.
Why aren't there any saltwater streams?

FT

Since you became Harry Homewoner. Somebody has to remind you what a fish looks like.

boondoggle

I was Harry Homeowner before...just didn't have a SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed).  Gunner always voted for fishing over house maintenance...and you saw the bachelor state of my house first hand.  Having shotguns, waders and decoys in the kitchen was handy but not necessarily conducive to having members of the opposite sex hang around the house for more than 5 mins.
Why aren't there any saltwater streams?

Trout Chaser

Those are some beautiful looking fish Tim 8)  I guess I may have to hop over to GWNF sometime. ;D  Boonie, when can you break free?  I've got two new cane rods for you to try.

TC

Brent G

FT they sure are purdy fish  ..... Glad ya had a good urn in there!   Boonie can ya break free this weekend or the following weekend ?  Any shad down that way yet ?

Either be shad or them specks ..... If ya can get free ya and Gunner decide what ya want to fish for and FT, TC and I will meet up with ya.

Dang TC GWNF be a longer drive then what you're used to now   ;) ;D 

Brent G

troutphisher

Excellent fish, and nice scenery.
Great report!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

natureboy

man i really need to take a "personal health" day soon and hike up a blueline after some of those specks.  Nice report FT.

FT

Quote from: natureboy on April 04, 2006, 22:23:59 PM
man i really need to take a "personal health" day soon and hike up a blueline after some of those specks.  Nice report FT.

I started fishing 100 yards from the truck on the first stream and 50 ft from it on the second.  You guys keep on walking past my fish.   ;)